iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new woodmizer eg100

Started by PAmizerman, December 31, 2017, 11:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

Anyone seen the new woodmizer eg100 edger in action yet? It doesn't look like much but looks can be deceiving.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Ohio_Bill

Looks very similar to the Timbery E100  . I believe Woodmizer owns Timbery . I have seen one of the Timberys operate . One unique feature is the blade mounting does not require a split blade .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Southside

I was told by a WM  rep that it is a rebranded Timbery as they own the company.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

MobileSawMilSlo

Quote from: Southside logger on January 01, 2018, 12:24:10 PM
I was told by a WM  rep that it is a rebranded Timbery as they own the company.

I was told by WM that it has nothing to do with Timbery and it is much, much better. Edging with Timbery is not good and it is not worth money for it.
Woodmizer LT20 mobile and TTP-600 Premium Plus
DAJK - all sawing equipment in one place

starmac

If that is so, and woodmizer owns timbery, why do they market something that is junk. I can see having a cheap line, but if it is junk, it looks like it would do nothing but hurt the parent company eventually.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

starmac

I do not know who, what or why, but looking at pictures of the woodmizer EG100 and the timbery E 100, they look very close to the same. They must have used the same guy to write the description overview.

The only obvious difference I can see from the pictures, is the legs holding up the infeed and outfeed tables seem to be a little more solid on the woodmizer.
To me with only 300 bucks difference, I would go with the woodmizer if I was looking at getting one of the two, unless I was in a hurry, aparantly the mizer will not be on the market for a couple more months.

Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

John S

Maximum width of cut is 12".
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

GAB

At the Shoot-Out The Timbery Shoot-out participants only ran the 1" material through the edger, The 2" material they edged on the mill.
Question: Why?
Is it that the Timbery edger can't handle 2" material?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Darrel

They both look like they might fly if you added a propeller and they certainly look like they have the same daddy.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

flatrock58

I looked up Timbery and it says it is a Woodmizer trademark.  They are also selling Timbery mills in some Woodmizer locations from what I see online.  I could use a low cost edger.  I really hate edging boards on the mill!
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Darrel

Wondering how difficult it would be to load and unload that edger into and out of the back of a pickup?
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!