iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for recomendations on a pole saw

Started by g_man, August 06, 2010, 08:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Well the Poulan is not abundantly blessed with a lot of power,that's for sure . To get mine to run correctly I had to pull the limiters off the carb .

Fact is within the last month I have used it to reach a limb out of a 60 some foot bucket truck on an ash I tripped in my woods . It was better to bomb out 25 feet of the top rather than damage the surrounding trees on the fall . Between the Poulan  stick saw and a Stihl 200T ,got-er-done . Worked well .

tjdub

I'm late to this discussion, but I have the Echo also and I highly recommend it.  I was looking at the Stihl and the Echo when I bought it, but everyone I talked to about it and everything I read said the Echo was a better machine and it was a little bit cheaper to boot.

I originally just bought this to trim all my field edges and fence lines, and then I was going to trade it or sell it.  Now that I have it though, I don't think I can part with it.  So beware of that aspect.

annia

My father uses silky over 25 years trimming trees, this is the best, easy to use. Cuts so saey. A must-have for someone who likes the best. It is not cheap, it is very effective, durable and easy to use. 16' is a good length that is reasonable to handle and still gets way up into the tree. This is just what I needed, bought it for around $130. The 20 ft Hayate would probably be better, but at $250 was more than I wanted to spend.
Annia Palmer

HolmenTree

Annia, I have used Silky Hayauchi pole saw blades in my tree service for many years now and I agree Silky makes a great blade.
I wish to try a Silky extendable pole one day but I've always been stubbornly using the heavy duty industrial grade Jameson 8 ft poles.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!