iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Caterpillar 518 electrical system

Started by Caseybow123, January 03, 2018, 04:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseybow123

Good day all. Does anyone have, or know where I can find electrical schematics for a 78' 518 skidder. Having some electrical issues going on that need to be addressed.
Thanks guys

carhartted

Here's to making sawdust.

Caseybow123

Riwaka

NOTE FROM ADMIN  EBAY LINKS NOT ALLOWED READ POSTING RULES

carhartted

carhartted

The previous post had the schematic that can be printed out and taped together. Here is one you can look at on the computer.

coxy

Quote from: Caseybow123 on January 03, 2018, 04:41:31 PM
SN # is 50S624
I have an 81 that is only 1300 numbers off of your SN so that would mean they only made 1300 skidders in 3 years  if I'm doing it right       what issues are you having it will be 24v don't know if you new that if so sorry I have a book for mine it should be the same  you should have glow plugs like mine but mine don't work I just give it the night time sniffling sneezing coughing aching stuffy head so it will start in the morning juice  :D let me know if I can help 

Caseybow123

What I need Coxy is the wiring schematics from batteries to key to ignition and dash gauges. Plus anything in between. If that makes sense. Carhartted's link may work for me, however my printer is not working.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Caseybow123

I had a little fire with it. I want to make sure all wiring is the same size and color when I rewire. Everything was melted together and I can't distinguish 1 wire from another.

carhartted

The above attachment has everything you need to know about wire colors and sizes. Just open it on your computer.

Caseybow123

Thank you my good man. This will work fine for me. Much appreciated.

Thank You Sponsors!