iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Author Topic: f 250  (Read 3115 times)

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: f 250
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »
All this trash talk from a guy that runs around in a bikini!!   :D
don't be jealous  :D

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 07:11:19 PM »
21 how much do you drive the truck

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 07:44:33 PM »
  With all the Super Duty stuck caliper talk I'll tell my story from last Sept. 2013 F450 diesel dually, crew cab, long bed, 4X4, just under 30,000 miles pulling my 34' 5th wheel and in Burlington Vermont a caliper stuck and heated up the disc. General consensus is that I don't drive it often enough. Truck and RV have been coast to coast through 43 states but it does sit too long between trips so I'm trying to use it more often even if I'm not hauling anything.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »
Not much anymore. About 300 miles last year. It sits so high my wife can't climb up in it anymore even with the running boards.  Thinking about one of the 1500 Dodges with 4 corner air that drops 2 inches extra because I can't pick her up these days. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a Logrite cant hook.

Online chevytaHOE5674

• Forester
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »
I rebuilt all of the calipers in my superduty with new pistons and square cut orings myself a while back and so far none have stuck. I used a small engine hone and cleaned up the bores nice, also flushed all the fluid at the same time. Figure if somebody else can rebuild them and make them last 2 weeks I can't really do any worse.... ha

Offline Hilltop366

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »
Generally speaking (not brand or model specific) use to be that the pistons would stick especially when pushed back in to put new pads because they were dry between the seal ring and the dust boot, a mechanic friend taught me to pump the piston most of the way out and slide the dust boot in and clean that part of the piston then pull the dust boot back out and spray some lube in there before pushing the piston back in.

I can't recall what kind of lube it was, I'm thinking some type of light grease that could withstand some heat.

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 09:17:40 PM »
Not much anymore. About 300 miles last year. It sits so high my wife can't climb up in it anymore even with the running boards.  Thinking about one of the 1500 Dodges with 4 corner air that drops 2 inches extra because I can't pick her up these days. :)
you think ford is junk wait till you get a dodge  I can say this cause I/my mechanic  have one if I get to use it a week a month I feel special  its nothing but an electrical night mare back a few months ago I wake up to a truck running in my drive way ya the dodge started its self with the key on the dash talk about pile of     driving down the road around 30mph and bam I'm trying to back up still cant figure that out lights go out at night going 70mph down the high way ya its a fun ride if it will stay together or don't kill me by spring its going to the fire co to get cut apart cant wait   8) 8)

Online Dave Shepard

• Senior Member x2
  • Geometrically proportional
    • Share Post
    • My homepage
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
Every manufacturer has a few lemons out there. A friend has a '14 550 that rolls up the windows and turns the heat all the way up, and all the lights stop working. In the summer! :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"Logrite!

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »
one thing I have learnt I will never own another red truck/car if it was yellow I wouldn't mind so much  ;D

Online Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »
Of Course there is the famous Dodge Death Wobble that is always lots of fun!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »
Of Course there is the famous Dodge Death Wobble that is always lots of fun!! 
My F350 gets it if you let the front tire pressure drop below 65 psi also. Got a warning notice from Ford about it years ago. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a Logrite cant hook.

Offline dgdrls

• Senior Member x2
  • Learning the Art of Milling Logs, Lucas 8/27
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
The NYS Salt program is an equal opportunity destroyer  :(

D

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2018, 10:48:20 AM »

D
its funny we moan about the roads being crappy and then we moan about our car/trucks rusting away  ??? ;D

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »

D
its funny we moan about the roads being crappy and then we moan about our car/trucks rusting away  ??? ;D
At least if you have a steel truck it will slowly rust away. Aluminum ones disintegrate from that liquid they use. ;D ;D

Offline Bruno of NH

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2018, 05:56:05 PM »
Had to file the lemon law on my last ford
F250 with the first year of the v10
Motor ran great 4x4 would kick in at 75 of 80 on the highway and blow all the parts up
The first 6 months spent 5 months at the dealer
Didn't even have a hearing on it Ford just sent a check :)
I drive gm now but will look at all brands when I buy again
thomas 8013 mill ,Mahindra 3540 cab tractor loader  Dump trailer  and lot of contracting tools

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »
Had to file the lemon law on my last ford
F250 with the first year of the v10
Motor ran great 4x4 would kick in at 75 of 80 on the highway and blow all the parts up
The first 6 months spent 5 months at the dealer
Didn't even have a hearing on it Ford just sent a check :)
I drive gm now but will look at all brands when I buy again
That is funny because I had to file for the lemon law for a Red 1989 Chevy 2500HD. The first year of the IFS front end. Brake and front end problems. Spent 8 weeks of the first 4 months I had it in the shop waiting for parts and gm techs to look at it. Told Chevy to give me a different truck, they said never. Filed the papers and the court date was set. Got a call the day the papers were served from the head of GM in Westchester County and he met me at the GM dealer the next with a check for the truck, cap bed liner, and threw in the extra thousand dollar rebate I got when I bought it. They knew they would loose in court and didn't want the mark on their record. Headed to the Ford dealer on the way home. 8)

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »

D
At least if you have a steel truck it will slowly rust away. Aluminum ones disintegrate from that liquid they use. ;D ;D
so dose every Pete. Kw or freightliner disintegrate?? They all have aluminum cabs and have had forever

Offline dgdrls

• Senior Member x2
  • Learning the Art of Milling Logs, Lucas 8/27
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »

D

common denominator me thinks!!.
D

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »

D
so dose every Pete. Kw or freightliner disintegrate?? They all have aluminum cabs and have had forever

The new liquid stuff is magnesium chloride and it causes deep corrosion in aluminum. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221450951730030X here is a article about how it affects different metals. The old stuff they used forever was calcium chloride and aluminum can form an oxide layer to protect itself from that is what I understand just like aluminum boats do in salt water. Time will tell as more road crews spread the liquid for lower temp de icing. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter