The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Threading Wood , Beall Threading Kit  (Read 3364 times)

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Threading Wood , Beall Threading Kit
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
Well Finally finished the headboard. Wound up picking up one of these cheep HVLP kits to get a good finish with the water base poly

This is the final video after removing the brushed on finish that went bad.

:)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a Logrite cant hook.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Started the matching night stands. It is amazing how much time it takes to process rough cut wood. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a Logrite cant hook.

Offline samandothers

• Senior Member x2
  • Been learning on FF since 1/20/12
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »
Watched both videos and enjoyed both.  Thanks for taking time to do this.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 05:01:50 AM »
I believe this is the same threader I have as well. I got mine from Lee Valley in Ottawa.

I really like how your bolts and threads came out and that is an awesome headboard. Looks like your new paint gun did a fine job for you. Great video to, by-the-way. :)

I have a paint gun that works on compressed air from my compressor. The only thing I used that on so far was an exterior door that I painted with Tremclad branded paint for metal (works on wood to). It's real good paint that does not peal, unless the metal has a lot of flex to it from heating of the sun, like aluminum flashing.

For my thread box I also cut my own dowel rod with a Veritas branded cutter from Lee Valley. So far the only threading I did was for an umbrella swift, for the part that acts like a clamp.

The swift was part of a large loom project back in 2012 and probably back a few layers under this board. :)
Move'n on.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 07:19:39 AM »
Watched both videos and enjoyed both.  Thanks for taking time to do this.
Thanks. I started making videos to try and teach my grandsons a little, but lost out to their x box. YouTube is a great place to share ideas. :)

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2018, 07:35:35 AM »

I really like how your bolts and threads came out and that is an awesome headboard. Looks like your new paint gun did a fine job for you. Great video to, by-the-way. :)

I have a paint gun that works on compressed air from my compressor. The only thing I used that on so far was an exterior door that I painted with Tremclad branded paint for metal (works on wood to). It's real good paint that does not peal, unless the metal has a lot of flex to it from heating of the sun, like aluminum flashing.

For my thread box I also cut my own dowel rod with a Veritas branded cutter from Lee Valley. So far the only threading I did was for an umbrella swift, for the part that acts like a clamp.

(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)

The swift was part of a large loom project back in 2012 and probably back a few layers under this board. :)

Thanks. That was an awesome project you made that I really enjoyed the thread. I have to finish up my cnc lathe  build to have an easy way to make accurate dowels for threading. The threader works best with perfectly round dowels. The hvlp gun amazed me. I have never had good results with the water borne finishes with a brush and that sprayer changed my mind about using them. I have several compressed air hvlp guns but the nozzles are to small and the higher pressure still creates a lot of overspray. I think the hot air from the blower on this unit causes the paint to set up quickly. :)

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2018, 10:33:58 AM »
Yep, well we try what works. :)

In the future, I will likely use my compressor paint gun to apply water seal on the open porch and maybe paint for the closed porch on the house. Something you only do every few years. ;)
Move'n on.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
A thread on wood threading

Started by purple otter on General Woodworking

41 Replies
Last post April 04, 2013, 09:00:27 AM
by SwampDonkey
xx
Large wood threading kits.

Started by Dave Shepard on General Woodworking

20 Replies
Last post May 16, 2019, 10:49:14 PM
by Dave Shepard