iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jd 3325 not working

Started by BurkettvilleBob, January 14, 2018, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurkettvilleBob

We got a boatload of rain Friday night, then single digit temps last night, fired up the dozer and the winch isn't working. The cable  is moving the valve, but ain't nothing happening. Wondering if something got moisture in it and froze up? Any ideas?

coxy

whats the oil look like clean or milk

BargeMonkey

I cringe at the sight of a 3325. 😂  have you popped the covers ? Like coxy said how does the oil look on the right side ? Band froze to the drum ?  Enough moisture built up I don't doubt it wouldn't freeze right up. I have the book for that winch sitting here on the table if you needed info.

BurkettvilleBob

Thanks fellas, fluid and filter and she come out of it. It was milky, guess I should cover it.

mike_belben

Bucket of coals goes a long way in a pinch with these issues.   I resort to them a dozen times per winter.
Praise The Lord

BurkettvilleBob

That would have worked, I used a big propane torch. Anyone have any guesses why the filter restriction light is always on? Replacing the return filter help briefly, the main hydraulic oil is nice a clean.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

BurkettvilleBob

Oliver05262

If you had water in the oil, it will swell up the paper in the filter and cause a restriction. Is there a screen in the suction line to the pump?
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

BurkettvilleBob

The light came on even after replacing all fluid and filters. I bet there is a screen, but I don't know where it's located.

coxy

the winch oil is not the same as tranny oil on mine    there is a screen in side the winch on the right side standing behind it you have to take the bottom plate off think there is 6-10 bolts that hold it on

BurkettvilleBob

Yeah, this is two separate issues, the milky winch fluid and the filter restriction light. I just figured I'd bring it up while people were thinking. There is likely a mesh screen on the outlet of the hydro tank that's plugged. I just haven't drained the tank to look for it.

BurkettvilleBob

PS, what's so terrible about a 3325 Barge? And no, haven't pulled the covers because it's always worked and the arch does a good job of limiting access.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on January 15, 2018, 07:48:05 PM
PS, what's so terrible about a 3325 Barge? And no, haven't pulled the covers because it's always worked and the arch does a good job of limiting access.
If you stay on top of them for maintenance they are a great winch, ruining a very expensive band over a fitting drip is my biggest gripe. Friend of mine has a 450C -arch 3325 and it's the greatest thing to reach into and work on hunched over a 5gal pail. Just to many times I've been out in the woods with my hands in one, can remember working on one under a tarp in a wicked lightning storm once. 👎 paid JD to go thru mine, let the newest guy in the shop rebuild it, sent it back and all the seals got wiped when they put the shaft back in, was down for another few weeks. Don't get me wrong great winch if they work, I can't put enough wood behind one and afford to keep the lights on, my 440D saw 110hrs last yr, almost a yellow lawn ornament.
I do have the books if you need them, the 4-11/16 band measurement is the biggest thing to watch.

BurkettvilleBob

Could you elaborate on the 4 11/16 band measurement Barge? You must have to pull a cover to check right? I honestly don't think I could even remove a cover without taking the arch off.

BargeMonkey

On a 3325 thats the band travel measurement, im in some big forestry groups on FB and thats like the magical thing everyone gets wrong, why guys slip bands and stretch springs. With an arch on its miserable my buddy can get the covers off on his, facing the arch the left side is dry, right side is wet.

Thank You Sponsors!