iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOT Today

Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

It's 96 degrees and I have been jumping in and out of the pool while trying to complete an outside project.
It's so hot I saw a Dog chasing a Rabbit and they was both walking. :D

Bill Gaiche

paul case, ash broke off up about 10' and was splintery. The red oak was in neighbors yard and the wind broke the top out of it up about 25'. The wind blew it into my ash tree and caused it to break off. The red oat trunk is still standing, has at least 12' or more of good in it. Must be about 28" at the butt. Will see if neighbor will let me cut it up. bg

paul case

now that might make it worth cleanin up all that mess .pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

StephenRice

Quote from: Mooseherder on September 04, 2010, 03:48:40 PM
It's 96 degrees and I have been jumping in and out of the pool while trying to complete an outside project.
It's so hot I saw a Dog chasing a Rabbit and they was both walking. :D

That is too funny...  If you were here they both would probably be swimming in that pool with you!  Even the bears up north are doing it!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37897435
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Magicman

It was HOT today, yeah.  I don't know what the thermometer said, but I surely was proud of my umbrella.  My helper was suffering.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

It was mid 50's here and cold, cold rain. Now, Wednesday was about 75 degrees and sunshine. As luck and gusto would have it, I got my pay cut by Thursday so I never had to work in that wet stuff. ;D

Sun returns on Monday and mid 50's for temp. Be making lotsa brush for sure. ;D

Moose season is on now from Thursday until Saturday. We had to move to a new work site yesterday and there was a bunch of hunters we had to let down with bad news. No hunting on our work site, so we allowed them until 7:30 am, just after daylight, to have a chance at a moose. Well, while we were waiting for them we saw that their moose had already passed by, leaving tracks on the road as big as a work horse.  ;) ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR Buck

101.2° here today in the shade.   smiley_sun   smiley_sweat_drop   This is late September ???  I came home from the office early hoping to fix some fences but it was just to hot and dusty to work outside.   Haven't seen any rain in so long I'd have trouble recognizing it when it does come.   Dust (dirt) around the mill shed and log yard is 6" deep and kicks up into clouds just walking through it.

I have a milling job tomorrow at a customer site and it's going to be in the high 90's.  :(
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Okrafarmer

Quote from: DR_Buck on September 24, 2010, 08:30:21 PM
101.2° here today in the shade.   smiley_sun   smiley_sweat_drop   This is late September ???  I came home from the office early hoping to fix some fences but it was just to hot and dusty to work outside.   Haven't seen any rain in so long I'd have trouble recognizing it when it does come.   Dust (dirt) around the mill shed and log yard is 6" deep and kicks up into clouds just walking through it.

I have a milling job tomorrow at a customer site and it's going to be in the high 90's.  :(

??? We only had low 90's today in SC.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

LOGDOG

I thought I'd bump this topic. With the heat wave that sitting over the South I'm surprised this hasn't been posted on recently. I've had 107 here the couple days.  smiley_sun smiley_sun

In Louisiana we say we have two seasons: Hot and Wet. We're in the "Hot" at the moment. Burn ban in effect for months.

Mooseherder

I was thinking about this thread today while cooking dinner on my brick pit out back.
It was stinking hot here but you guys had it worse.  That is scary to think about. 
Sure wish we could be on the north end right about now.  We are in the heavy afternoon rain cycle to cool things off then the sun comes out and it is some hot and humid.
Work keeps piling up around here and nothing is getting done because it's too nice in da AC. ::)

Magicman

I'm glad that I'm off from sawing for a few days.  Yesterday my underwear was wet with sweat by 10:00 AM.  I was needing some of those airport diapers.  ;D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

WAY too much info!   ;)

Made it up to 75 today, with dew point at 53°, and a light breeze blowing. Just like one of the southern winter days. S'pose to be above 90 for a few days over the weekend. I couldn't take the southern heat. I'd melt like MM
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ScottAR

Averaging 100-101 the last few days... 60% humidity   It's a bit warm yes...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Coon

Magicman, don't you mean Depends?  ;)  :D   Also, Happy Birthday Magic.

Heck in that southern heat I would melt and be just a mere grease spot next to the mill. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

pyrocasto

Spent the day in Charleston, SC. 100 degree temps at 100% humidity. Radio said heat index was 115. Really really sucked.

WildDog

Happy Birthday MM :)

Minus 16 deg celcius at the house here Tuesday, we could do with some of that heat.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

submarinesailor

Quote from: pyrocasto on July 14, 2011, 01:33:35 AM
Spent the day in Charleston, SC. 100 degree temps at 100% humidity. Radio said heat index was 115. Really really sucked.

In my younger days, I spend just a few days on the water front in Charteston with that kind of heat.  Man did it sucX.  Almost as bad as the water front in Kingsbay, Ga - about 40 miles north of Jacksonville, FL.  But, the worst I was ever in, was loading stores onto a submarine in Guam.  Out in the sun, standing on a black hull with the actual air temps around 103.  Talk about HOT and 100% humidity.  Man was it UGLY!!!!!!!!!!  Any of you guys ever done very physical work in Guam?  Maybe some of you Air Forces guys at Anderson?

Bruce

bandmiller2

I'd rather cut with the temp around zero F than 100 and humid.Of course I don't cut in ether extreme.Theirs enough comfy days to mill,good time to grind bands in a cool cellar.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

Bruce,

I feel like I have been working on that submarine in Guam the last few days.  Brutal.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LOGDOG

Happy Birthday Magicman.  :)

Yep, even the breeze is hot .... when there is a breeze. Going from the house at 72 degrees out into the 100+ is like hitting a wall. I've got a big fox squirrel that camps outside our front door in a big white oak . He crawls up there and literally drapes himself over his favorite limb and just hangs there with his arms and legs hanging out in this heat. He looks pitiful. I'll have to snap a picture of him. So everyday I've been taking him a bowl of fresh, cold water out there and putting it at the base of the tree. Sometimes I even put ice cubes in it for good measure. Funny thing, I was out the other day working in the yard and he had come down the base of the tree unbeknownst to me. As I approached the tree, the flash of his tail going around the other side caught my eye. So I peak around and there's his tail and butt. 4 different times I was able to pet that squirrel! He's either real sluggish or he's becoming tame. Pretty cool. :)

Chuck White

Last Thursday, we were finishing up a mobile sawjob and boy it was hot!

I had a thermometer on the back of the truck and at 2:00 PM it was reading 120°F.

I had another thermometer sitting on the seat in the cab where it was shaded and that one was reading 90°F.

My favorite sawing temperature is 45-65°.

Over the past few years, the sun has really gotten stronger and hotter.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

This helps.   ::)

Ivey

Magic, that there is some good stuff, use it all the time.
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

SwampDonkey

Magic, I'll always remember you as the "Gold Bond pusher". ;D

Have a good one.  :)

I wonder if it works on spruce and fir needles when in your garments. Those needles can make certain areas sore. :D
Of course, if I was half way smart I would put a cape on the back of the hardhat. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LOGDOG

That Gold Bond really is some good stuff. I even put it in my Bassethounds armpits in the summer. We call it "Code Blue" ...can't remember how it got that nickname. We say Code Blue and she rolls over to get dusted. Works like a charm.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!