iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Sycamore project.

Started by customsawyer, July 13, 2012, 09:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Makes perfect sense to me.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

sandhills

What's a paid holiday?  I want one...or two...or.....

Tree Feller

Is there any need for someone to sit in the shade, drink beer and watch you guys work?
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

DanG

I'm available to help supervise the beer drinking. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

LeeB

I'll  be more than happy to give Dan someone to supervise.  smiley_beertoast
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

customsawyer

And this is the trouble with Washington.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Is labor day on a weekend and when ?
al glenn

pigman

Labor day is Monday Sept. 3 this year.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Bob,

You can come down and visit your daughter that weekend, and........... :).  You have some gloves, don't you  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cutting Edge

Quote from: customsawyer on July 18, 2012, 03:13:02 AM
And this is the trouble with Washington.  ;D

SO TRUE......I think it might be a bit of an understatement.  Maybe if they (the politicians) actually put on a pair of gloves, rode around in a beat up truck with no A/C and drank a few cheap beers under a shade tree instead of top shelf multi-malt scotch and fruity drinks with umbrellas, they MIGHT understand whats really goin on.  Never know....they may just like sawdust in their dress shoes!
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

pigman

Quote from: WDH on July 18, 2012, 08:36:19 PM
Bob,

You can come down and visit your daughter that weekend, and........... :).  You have some gloves, don't you  :D.

It seems that when I visit Forestry Forum members I always forget my gloves; just ask Customsawyer and OWW.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pigman on July 20, 2012, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: WDH on July 18, 2012, 08:36:19 PM
Bob,

It seems that when I visit Forestry Forum members I always forget my gloves; just ask Customsawyer and OWW.

You're smarter than the average Bear!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I regularly furnish gloves for my help.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

My truck has spare gloves but he likes to hold the camera. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tree Feller

Quote from: customsawyer on July 21, 2012, 07:19:43 PM
My truck has spare gloves but he likes to hold the camera. ;D

Your truck is named Danny?
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on July 20, 2012, 10:14:06 PM
I regularly furnish gloves for my help.   :)

I did say gloves for my help.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Part_Timer

sycamore makes some awfull nice flooring if you have the patience for quartersawing it.  Both of the upstairs bed rooms are q sawn and rift sawn sycamore.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

OneWithWood

Note to self:
Be sure to have ample pairs of gloves on hand.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

tyb525

I don't wear gloves when I work...but don't tell noone! I want to be able to use the "I forgot my gloves excuse" ;D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Magicman

Quote from: tyb525 on July 22, 2012, 02:20:19 PM
I want to be able to use the "I forgot my gloves excuse" ;D 

That would not work with me because I buy them by the dozen.

pigman

Quote from: OneWithWood on July 22, 2012, 01:30:44 PM
Note to self:
Be sure to have ample pairs of gloves on hand.
I am sure I would forget my steel toed shoes. ;)

Okrafarmer

Now ya done got me intrigued. I would love to see help QS some Sycamore. And why hasn't David (PostonLT40) chimed in? He has a certain affinity for Platanus occidentalis.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

tyb525

There were some older posts from people who loved QS sycamore. I wish I could find the ones I am thinking of. This topic has a lot of good pics.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,53886.msg778159.html#msg778159

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

customsawyer

My plan is to saw these logs on the Saturday before Labor day. Any and all are welcome to make the trip. Drink what you bring.  ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

b dukes

Count me in , I just need some directions.

Thank You Sponsors!