iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tire Iron

Started by Autocar, October 17, 2011, 07:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

With my C7 down Ive been working with my little home made skidder. So this morning I went to a 33 tree job wanting one thing for sure get the walnut veneer out and home today. The first tree cut 18 feet veneer 18 inch pretty happy second tree cut a bit bad on the stump but cleared up and ended up a 18 foot veneer 17 inch the next one was a balled out walnut saw log that sure looked hollow on the butt. So I thumped it with my axe and I cut it six feet above the stump after pulling it out I came back for my saw it cut off solid and had the root ball on the other end so I started my saw and cut a little door for a gray fox condo  ;D Then the last walnut cut 25 feet veneer 18 inch came back for the two top logs and in the rear tire was a six inch peace of steel so I flipped my ear protection up and pulled on it a bit and could hear air escaping. So I left it in and pulled the two out. It turned out to be a rusted beeter from a manure spreader and the spike was four inches into the tire. Still I was tickled that the walnut was on the truck and here at home I have a number of spare tires on rims ready to go so a little time lost, and life is good  :D
Bill

jueston

sounds like someone was looking out for you, most of the time that hissing sound means at least a few hours of work lost, but you made it home alright.

HuZzEy

Let's see some pics of this homemade skidder is it as sweet as ours 

jueston

that one is hard to beat.

Ironwood

Man that Is cool. Especially the articulated middle and the power steeering! Seriously though that is COOL.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

HuZzEy

oh yea you should try it some time first stump will put your arms in a knot. It is tough ol girl but it's pretty much retired now. i did use it once this summer when skidder was down took a whole day to get it running there was rust in the fuel lines. 

Autocar

Here it is Wednesday and I haven't been able to get back to the job to change the flat tire because of rain. Got up Tuesday with rain and still raining tonight , just about at two inches. Not a good sign with the ground laying idle now, you fellows in the northeast probably will see this in the day or two. 
Bill

HuZzEy

It's been raining most of the day. up to half and inch tonight

Autocar

Thursday afternoon we are at three inches plus  :-\
Bill

Coon

Autocar, Come on up this way we got lots of wood we can deal with up here and the weather is nice and cool.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!