iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody Watching Curse Of Oak Island ?

Started by Autocar, December 25, 2019, 02:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I started watching it when they first started the show, what I can't figure out is how did the first people digging was able to get oxygen with out fans or something down that deep let alone keeping water from filling it up. But that's not the reason I made this post I get so hot under the collar how they can make such a big deal over a rust up spike that looks like a rail road spike to me and dwell over the same B S show after show. I swear I'am not going to watch it but that lure of finding the treasure keeps me tuning in  :D
Bill

Old Greenhorn

I gave up on it 2 years ago when I sensed the same thing. As with all of these shows, the producers build up contrived excitement thinking that is what sells shows. Truth is that just because it is not exciting doesn't mean it isn't fascinating to many of us. They are turning off their own viewers. They insult our intelligence by trying to explain things we can see over and over, as if we are as dumb as they perceive.
Remember shows like Wild Kingdom and Jacques Cousteau that had very little drama yet ran for years? The reason for those, I think, is because they addressed the viewers as intelligent people. That's just not what they do today. It's sad.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Okefenokee_D

Don't trust them shows...bout like them Ghost and Monster shows. Bunch of crap.

Worked with some guys who worked with a couple of guys from the Ax men series when I was in Idaho one year on a wildfire. They said they was putting on for the TV...which I already knew.

I hate fake shows.

Mooseherder

It's one of the shows we dvr.  They have spent tens of millions and maybe more so far looking for the treasure.  Each episode uncovers more questions than answers.  New theories seem to get introduced each week and that is frustrating.  Been watching since the beginning.   Good possibility whatever there was found 100 years ago and never reported.  Looks like they're committed to the end though.  For variety and balance, the show Moonshiners is another Tuesday night lineup. ;)

Jim_Rogers

I watch it but I think that they make more money from making the show then they will from finding any treasure.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

I think I red the book many years ago,. Fascinating engineering feat with the chambers and the amount of digging that was done. I have watched it,I thing twice. The book is much better. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

I've been watching since the beginning and enjoy the show.  It is an interesting story.  I remember reading about it in Reader's Digest back in the 60's.

Not sure what's down there now or ever, but the digging, drilling, and exploration technology is interesting to me.  
HM126

Woodpecker52

I started watching axe throwing championships, got boring real fast because those guys never missed the bullseye.  They should move the line back each time or something. Start with a hatchet, then tomahawk, then axe, then splitting maul..... then hydraulic splitter.  As far as oak island when they get to the bottom of the money pit they will find a iron box and in it a note that says " you've been punked signed Blackbeard"
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Thank You Sponsors!