iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally did it...log hand off

Started by timberlinetree, May 20, 2015, 05:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Not a big thing but always thought it would be neat to hand off logs from one loader to another. Yesterday while loading the truck A few times I was able to pass off logs to the log truck. It was neat but I was a little nervous about hitting the leaver the wrong way and breaking something. Has anyone else done/ do this? Is it recommend? Wish I had a video. My not be much but was always something I wanted to do. 8)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Maine372

never done it, but it sounds safe enough. sketchiest thing ive seen was a center mount trailer loading the front tier off the pile while the forwarder loaded the back tier.

tj240

i used to run a slasher and the guy running the pull thru delimber woould hand trees to me with his loader. i have also loaded a trailer while the loader on the trailer was loading the front. i have handed alot of wood to other loaders that couldnt reach the wood. just have to make sure you are both paying attention
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

wannaergo

We do that sometimes with the harvester and the forwarder. If I have a couple logs by me and the forwarder is hauling a load nearby, we'll do a handoff.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Thank You Sponsors!