iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

women

Started by Tom L, September 06, 2012, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

so I am out of space, have been for a long time, seems like a lifetime I have been working and living in a space that is 1/2 as small as I need,

all of the white pine that I have been milling I put in my small kiln and dry it then set the pitch. takes a month or longer for each load in the kiln. the processed pine ready for sale is stacked on my outside enclosed porch. all of the material on the right side is stacked according to widths and thickness, and has been kiln dried and baked, all the material on the left side hasn't. so the other night after I go to bed , the wife is outside and what does she decide to do? after asking me three times if I can do something about the pine. and me telling her I can't it has to stay. she decides to make a giant pile, re arrange everything into one corner of the porch. so now I can not sell any pine for a while . it all has to go thru the kiln and thru the bake cycle again. I have no way of knowing if one piece or another has had it's pitch set.

wouldn't you know it, yesterday I get a call from a guy, big user, who needs a bunch of it. and want to come and pick up all that I have ready.  had to tell him he had to wait and he will definitely go elsewhere
bet I lost a grand and three months of work.

women!

pappy

"after asking me three times if I can do something about the pine. and me telling her I can't it has to stay"

sometimes they hear but don't listen or is they listen but don't hear   ::)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Carlton

I would say that most of the time they just watch our mouths move.

doctorb

I wasn't there, and I'm not going to take sides here......but I'll bet that if she knew WHY the pine had to stay there, the result might have been different.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Ron Wenrich

Wonder if a moisture meter would help.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Joanie

Quote from: Carlton on September 06, 2012, 04:50:09 PM
I would say that most of the time they just watch our mouths move.
Bla, Bla, bla,.  ;D
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

Warbird

Personally, I like it when my woman..  No, mustn't say it.  Mustn't say it.  Jeff will throw me in the wood shed.

sprucebunny

Sounds like something my ex-husband would do  :D

Well.... if he had that much energy  ;)

I agree with explaining why.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Carlton

Joanie I am pretty sure thats what my wife hears lol. But I am not complaining  ;D I would get in trouble if she really paid attention :D

Cedarman

If there are 228 items in a room out of place and only 5 are mine, those are the 5 that will be moved to another location.  The other 223 will not be moved.
She that must move my stuff!!!  Tom, I feel your pain.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tom L

Quote from: Cedarman on September 07, 2012, 05:10:30 AM
If there are 228 items in a room out of place and only 5 are mine, those are the 5 that will be moved to another location.  The other 223 will not be moved.
She that must move my stuff!!!  Tom, I feel your pain.

let me guess, she then gets mad when you ask her where she put your stuff.(because it is not where you put it) and tells you that you should have put them away in the first place ;D

isawlogs

I was trying to stay away from this one,  :-X  but man , can I relate to you guys  ::)  She cleaned out my shop last weekend, she told me this after I got back from a trip to New Hampshire to get new to me motor for my mill.
Me:       WHAT   :o :o   
Her:      It's ok , I did not touch any of your tools.
Me:       Then what did you touch,   :-\
  I had enough trouble finding things that I knew where to look for , let alone look for things I have no clue to where there where abouts are now  :-\ ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You have to remember...

A Wife is always right. Why?
Because she owns 50% of the money....and 100% of everything else.

Case closed.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tom L

Quote from: isawlogs on September 07, 2012, 07:57:15 AM
I was trying to stay away from this one,  :-X  but man , can I relate to you guys  ::)  She cleaned out my shop last weekend, she told me this after I got back from a trip to New Hampshire to get new to me motor for my mill.
Me:       WHAT   :o :o   
Her:      It's ok , I did not touch any of your tools.
Me:       Then what did you touch,   :-\
  I had enough trouble finding things that I knew where to look for , let alone look for things I have no clue to where there where abouts are now  :-\ ::)

I think I would have to retire. I have 12 years in my present house, of knowing where in my shop I have put everything. would take another 12 years to find everything and restore it to it's present form of (organized)  clutter.

ely

its what they do... no other explanation needed.

beenthere

I hear you guys.
My wife cleaned my shop once, and has not been allowed in there since.
Yes, it looks it but then....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bandmill Bandit

My wife knows better than to even go and get a tool from my shop and NEVER tries to put them back when I do let her use them. She lays on the bench just like I ask her too and I put them away my self. Even my girls understand that.

Only one that doesn't is my son, and some time I could string him up. If the tools he has lost ever germinate I will have a bumper crop. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Warbird

Quote from: beenthere on September 07, 2012, 10:19:00 AM
I hear you guys.
My wife cleaned my shop once, and has not been allowed in there since.
Yes, it looks it but then....

Happened here, too.  One time only and we came to the understanding that the shop was mine.  So then she moved all my tools/stuff into the shop and left it alone.  However, she just couldn't help herself yesterday and swept up all the sawdust off the floor, which I actually appreciate.  But I'm afraid she has her eye on the rest of it now. 

Joanie

Quote from: Carlton on September 06, 2012, 11:42:05 PM
Joanie I am pretty sure thats what my wife hears lol. But I am not complaining  ;D I would get in trouble if she really paid attention :D
We hear more than you think, we just save it for when we can use it against you. ;D
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

sparky1

haha this whole post made me laugh.. Probably because its something all us guys can relate too!!
Shaun J

Cedarman

Thanks, guys.  At least I know my wife is normal. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

My wife, PatD, occasionally reads this stuff, so I will keep my mouth shut.   smiley_lipsrsealed  That way we can be  smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

davch00

QuoteMy wife, PatD, occasionally reads this stuff, so I will keep my mouth shut.     That way we can be  smiley_love
Smart man!!! I had to learn stuff like that the hard way.

Carlton

If I keep my mouth shut I get in trouble anyway. Hmmmm must be doing something wrong :-\. Oh well gets to the point where you just suffer through it and go on. Better to have her mad and quiet than try figuring out which hoop you need to jump through today ;D

Thank You Sponsors!