iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to my own woodshed's

Started by AlpineCutter, August 18, 2020, 09:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlpineCutter

<This summer I finally got around to building a couple woodsheds for my firewood. It will sure beat fighting the snow off the stacks every time I need some in the winter. They will each hold almost 3 cords and I burn between 4 and 5 cords a winter. One shed is mainly lodgepole pine that I milled from my own property and the other is all Douglas Fir I milled from local trees.

>

My helpers while milling the Lodgepole Pine

Just can't do anything without my supervisors around

Made a couple door handles from some raghorn elk antler sheds I have found

Have one shed filled up and have one to go before the cold hits.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Good job!!  8)

We are going to miss visiting with you in October and seeing those in person.  Maybe next year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

barbender

Nice! You better keep them full of wood, or someone is going to try to buy them!😊 Love the dogs👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

AlpineCutter

Wdh, doc and barbender, thank you very much for the compliments. I'm far from any kind of carpenter.

Lynn, we will misd seeing you this year too. But just think, the bull elk will have time to get even bigger for next year.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

AK Newbie

Great looking wood sheds!  Thanks for sharing...your helpers look like they like modeling for the camera, or maybe they are working for treats  :D
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Walnut Beast

Looks Awesome and nice looking helpers 👍

AlpineCutter

Thanks guys! My helpers pose for free but it doesn't last long before they they take off to harass the rabbits and chipmunks. They are full brothers but a year apart. Talk about high energy dogs!!!!

Stephen1

Nice wood sheds, I wouldn't mind being banished to those.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Sedgehammer

Wood sheds..... :o 
Thems corn cribs..... :D
Yeah, you'll sure like those vs snow diving fir wood. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

hedgerow

Nice looking sheds. You will enjoy having that firewood out of the weather. We had one of those dogs on the farm for years that someone had dumped out on the highway. One of the best farm dogs we ever had. Have a good fall and winter. The wife never had to worry about the rabbits eating your flowers. 

WV Sawmiller

Real good looking woodshed. Are they on their final location or are you going to move them? Maybe you need to put some trailer axles under them and a detachable tongue and tow them around where needed. ;D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!