iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ASV 120Forestry Keeps applying hand brake while in use

Started by Sophie007, March 08, 2021, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie007

Hi, We have a 2-3 year old ASV 120F that we use with a FAE mulching head. It has started applying the hand brake while in operation. It mainly does it when reversing up slopes, once it starts doing it it keeps doing it continually to the point we can no longer use it. It shows no faults on the screen. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Cheers

Walnut Beast

Walnut Beast

Did you get it new or used. Any reason your not checking with ASV service 

kiko

Does it have a seat safety switch? On my skid steer when I come off of the seat it applies the park brake. These have been known to malfunction.

Walnut Beast

Could be the lap bar not getting seated or coming up

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Sophie007 on March 08, 2021, 09:35:00 PM
Hi, We have a 2-3 year old ASV 120F that we use with a FAE mulching head. It has started applying the hand brake while in operation. It mainly does it when reversing up slopes, once it starts doing it it keeps doing it continually to the point we can no longer use it. It shows no faults on the screen. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Cheers
Welcome to the Forestry Forum 

Sophie007

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 08, 2021, 09:45:28 PM
What did the dealer say
They dont seem to know too much, we only have a couple of machines in the country so I dont think they have worked on to many. Thanks

Sophie007

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 08, 2021, 09:51:15 PM
Did you get it new or used. Any reason your not checking with ASV service
Yes brought new. Have called service, as above... cheers

Sophie007

Quote from: kiko on March 08, 2021, 10:56:02 PM
Does it have a seat safety switch? On my skid steer when I come off of the seat it applies the park brake. These have been known to malfunction.
Thought that initailly but not the case. Seems to get worse when its warm. Thanks

Sophie007

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 08, 2021, 11:47:47 PM
Could be the lap bar not getting seated or coming up
No not that either.... seems to get worse once its warm. thanks

barbender

Not ASV, but I have seen other skidloaders do this from a lap bar switch that was out of adjustment. Not the bar itself but the switch.
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Sophie007 on March 08, 2021, 11:58:52 PM
Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 08, 2021, 09:45:28 PM
What did the dealer say
They dont seem to know too much, we only have a couple of machines in the country so I dont think they have worked on to many. Thanks
I'll check with my dealer and see if he knows anything about it

kiko

The park brakes are spring applied hydraulic release. There could be an issue with the brake release solonoid or the wiring to it , also the brake release piston seals could be leaking which would likely get worse as the oil get hotter/thinner.

Walnut Beast

Hello, what Country are you in ?  I talked to the dealer ( service)  and it could be a few things. Check the sensors on the drive motors if all wires are good. There is a hydraulic dump valve the dealer can get a gauge on. Does the machine actually stop to the point you have to hit the switch to release the brake. He said besides the other things that yes other guys have similar issues on steep slopes because the machine naturally will get put on when your off the controls so you need to be fluid when running the controls in them situations 

kiko

I would speculate that your machine could be lossing charge pressure. There should be a charge filter which is likely a cannister filter. I would remove the filter and look for metal flake first.  If there is pump failure , the more you run it testing it , the worse it will be.  I have dealt with catastrophic pump/motor failure on the rc100.  Ugly

Thank You Sponsors!