iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shop built router table

Started by DMcCoy, October 21, 2021, 01:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcCoy

After spending a year or two looking at both router tables and shapers, new and used,  and not finding anything that I was satisfied with I built my own.

I bought a Kreg router lift.  The "fence" is one unit with independently adjustable oak fence boards. Once they get adjusted then I can adjust the whole assembly to the router bit.  This is really nice! The table is laminated 11 ply 3/4" fir plywood(1 1/2" thick).  I coated the whole thing with Minwax polyacrylic. Adding Johnsons paste wax to the surface made it incredibly slippery - I mean slippery-like frozen pond with dust slick. WOW! The rollers at each end are movable and tilt slightly towards the fence, pulling the board toward it.

Dust collection port gets most but not all the chips.

firefighter ontheside

Very nice work.  A router table is one tool that you are better off making your own.  My cabinet is nothing fancy, but its the fence that really makes the tool.  I built my fence with some pieces of HDPE that someone gave me and I really like it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DMcCoy

Thanks! I agree about the fence too.  I wanted something for doing long material.  My next upgrade will be a roller instead of a finger board to keep it tight and closer to the cutter. 

Thank You Sponsors!