iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Gmail sending some forum notificatins to spam

Started by John Mc, October 25, 2021, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Unfortunately, I lost track of when this started, but I'm guessing sometime over the last several months or so, Gmail started send about 10 or 20% of my notifications from the forestry forum to my spam folder.

Gmail's "Help" feature has not been very helpful. It suggested that I add the sender to my contacts. However, I already did long ago: both "noreply@forestryforum.com" and "admins@forestryforum.com". I've been searching for a way to add the whole forestryforum domain to my "contacts" but that does not seem possible. I've also been logging on to my webmail and changing each email marked as spam to "not spam" in the hopes of training their algorithm.

I've done the same in the email client I use (Thunderbird), adding the emails to my contacts and marking any in the spam folder as "not spam", thinking that it may be the one erroneously flagging FF email as spam.

Am I the only one experiencing this, or is a Gmail-wide thing?

Any suggestions for correcting it?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Jeff

No your not. I have no idea why gmail treats us like a red headed step child but has for a long time. Im sure im loosing mail because of it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Southside

Imagine being a kid with red hair whose parents got divorced and mom remarried, then you grow up to be a NASA engineer who worked on the Apollo project.

Between working to put a man on the moon and not solving the world's simple issues along with genetic and family issues beyond your control,
for the rest of eternity you would be blamed for everything that goes wrong.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

red

All I know is that I got my red hair from the Milkman 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JDowns71

Same was happening to me.  You can add the email sender to a whitelist so it doesn't happen anymore.

http://onlinegroups.net/blog/2014/02/25/how-to-whitelist-an-email-address/

SwampDonkey

I haven't been able to get notifications for months and I also changed emails from gmail to my ISP. I just thought maybe something was broke and one of them things to be fixed, eventually. ;D Gmail has never had spam in it's spam folder on my account.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

John Mc

Quote from: JDowns71 on October 25, 2021, 11:52:21 AM
Same was happening to me.  You can add the email sender to a whitelist so it doesn't happen anymore.

http://onlinegroups.net/blog/2014/02/25/how-to-whitelist-an-email-address/
Thanks. I had done everything except create a filter. As I understand it, that part should be unnecessary if you are willing to wait for gmail to "learn" that a domain or sender is not spam by repeatedly marking them as not spam. Apparently, either that is not the case, or it takes longer than several months for it to learm, since it still has not corrected this on its own.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SwampDonkey

Not sure it's just Gmail because my account has not been linked to their email service for months. And I get no messages in spam. After I lost notifications I changed to my isp email account. Still not seeing them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))