iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It’s starting!

Started by SETexan, November 22, 2021, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SETexan

After a few weeks of working on the trailer(still have work left) we were finally able to get the mill together and made our first cut. I have a cedar cant my pawpaw had milled over 20+ years ago so I figured that would make a good first cut. I figure I'll have to run it a while and check all the adjustments several times between each log. I was pressed for time, but I'll hopefully get some pine on it this weekend.

HM130MAX on home built trailer
L3940 Kubota

SawyerTed

That's great news! Congratulations!

Usually I suggest to saw some other stuff before grandma's walnut or paw paw's cedar.  

Glad it turned out well!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

SETexan

If I had not grew up sawing with him or seen something questionable in the mill build/assembly I probably would've waited. I only made 2 cuts and it'll be going back to its safe space. 
L3940 Kubota

VB-Milling

Trailer looks like it was worth the time invested.  Happy sawing!
HM126

Magicman

Just being observant rather than critical, but that blade was leaving some mighty deep "scratches".  smiley_headscratch
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SETexan

Quote from: Magicman on November 23, 2021, 01:46:28 PM
Just being observant rather than critical, but that blade was leaving some mighty deep "scratches".  smiley_headscratch
I agree, not the worst I have seen but we would definitely like it a little better. I'll probably try another blade. Had to finish some painting today so didn't get on the mill but with a 4 day weekend I'll definitely have some more time on it.
L3940 Kubota

TimW

Congratulations.  I'm a couple of hours SW of Y'all.  Glad to hear from another East Texas sawyer.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

SETexan

Had just enough time to grab an old hickory that's been down for a year. I was able to knock the bark off and it seemed too mill pretty good. It's definitely a little soft but good practice. Actually cut pretty straight/flat too. After an 8 hour shift tonight I'll be breaking it in some more this weekend. 

L3940 Kubota

Thank You Sponsors!