iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Shirt for Tom

Started by chet, November 25, 2021, 11:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Got my red shirt on today, but being a yooper it's my plaid huntin' shirt. Miss ya buddy.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Magicman

I saw that it was Tom's 79th and looked at his profile this morning.  Happy Red Shirt Day Tom.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I had my buffalo check (red/black plaid) brawny weight fall cotton shirt on. Now that's a mouth full. ;D Stanfield's under them, more for the cold buggy ride into that north wind to the woodlot. :D As Richard Robinson would say, "It's a two Stanfield morning here". Radio announcer for 40 years. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

A good man gone but not forgotten.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

I enjoyed Tom, I'll never forget his reaction when I asked what grits were. :D It started an interesting discussion.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

I miss him and I never even met him. I love reading his posts and stories. :P
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roxie

I am wearing a red shirt today too!  Tom was a real southern gentleman. Truly one of a kind!  
Say when

Old Greenhorn

As it happens I have on a nice red shirt today also. I never got to interact with Tom, but I have read a lot of his posts as well as other members memories and am sorry I came in after he was gone. A right good fella in every respect from what I can see.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Poquo

I wore my red plaid flannel shirt today in honor of Tom and my Dad (he had a flannel just like mine my sister gave them to us one Christmas).
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

ellmoe

I have red t-shirts in my regular rotation in his memory. He was an interesting and kind man.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

A great man, gentleman, and friend, Mr Tom is sorely missed!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

Mr. Tom was one of the best. I sure enjoy the memories of the times I got to visit with him. I had red on yesterday but I must confess I wear a red shirt on every Friday.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!