iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reviving a log cabin !

Started by UNCLEBUCK, September 11, 2006, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Very nice job you did on reviving the finish of the cabin. And it's a mighty fine looking piece of realestate I might add. Thanks for sharing some pics.  :) 8)

Now I gotta ask what a man has to do to get in on one of those alpaka sweater deals.  ::) 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

UB you wanna be careful asy doesn't pay you a visit after them pics. What with a new stove and fridg and all :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don P

We've worked for 2 batchelors that got lasso'd soon after building their new house. Judging from the pics, you better protect yourself and lock the gate  :D

That's no girlie man roof either, you were up in the nosebleed section with that one!

UNCLEBUCK

Thanks everybody , I tried to add up some of the initial cost of this project and a few times had to get some help for a few days especially during the shingling just to get it out of the weather but it was atleast 3 years from the day the logs arrived until the last shingle went on . Then it sat for a few years and then pick away at it then it sat for awhile and then pick away etc.. still pickin away except now it is more exciting as I can see it coming around . It was one of those things in life where its too late to change your mind and also dealing with pine it was a perishable item until the shingles got on . My sister&bro in law helped whenever they could as well .I am just glad I never fell off during the setting of the the purlins.

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Norm

That is a very nice home UB, I can't wait to see the interior pics when you get time. :)

asy

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 20, 2006, 10:34:11 PM
UB you wanna be careful asy doesn't pay you a visit after them pics.

Dead right, it's GORGEOUS!

If I went to visit, I may never leave. Now THAT'd be scary!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!