Sponsors:

Announcing Season 2 Ax Men Contest!

Started by Jeff, February 23, 2009, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DR Buck

smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool

Can't wait to see the show again.   Too bad Stump Branch and the History Channel couldn't work things out.  I really enjoyed Melvin and his crew last year.   That's OK though, Pihl has a colorful crew that is entertaining as well and I'm sure that there will be some new ones worth watching.

For those that missed last season, it looks like the History channel is going to rerun all the episodes on Sunday March 1st.   :)    I'm gonna pass on watching them.  I think I watched all of last years episodes at least 5 times looking for contest answers.   :D     I'm also going to "stand-down" from the contest this season.   It's always best to retire when you're on top.  ;D     My perfect score (except for the final exam   :() yielded me 5 really nice prizes.    Time for someone else to win.   ;)   Besides, I don't want to spend so much time working at it.   ;D     

But I'll be watching the show and the competitor standings!     ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

tonto

This sounds like a great contest. I will definitely be playing.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Roxie

Say when

missourilogger

what happened between melvin and history channel?
i Was here

and here

Jeff

Nothing to speak of. Melvin needed to focus on the business. The logging Business.  Melvin is a Logger. After talking with him at length this last year, that became perfectly apparent.  :)

deeker

Just save everyone all the suspense......and declare me the winner.  We are done.....

Waiting.....until the 2 of March??????
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

DR Buck

Quote from: deeker on February 24, 2009, 09:14:44 PM
Just save everyone all the suspense......and declare me the winner.  We are done.....

Waiting.....until the 2 of March??????

Just the type of talk you'd expect to hear from a rookie.   :D :D :D :D :D

Jeff

DR_Buck, aintcha going to give these guys some helpful tips on playing this contest? ;)

DR Buck

Quote from: Jeff on February 26, 2009, 09:52:18 PM
DR_Buck, aintcha going to give these guys some helpful tips on playing this contest? ;)

Yea.   Get a comfortable chair in front of the TV.   It's is going to take some time.   :D

Jeff

I can think of a few letters to tell them. vcr, dvr and tivo  :)

fishpharmer

I know i don't have time to be a serious contender but  whats the prize?

I watched show about Heli logging last night.  How do they make it pay with 18 logs a day?

Thanks
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Read the info above. The only thing it doesn't tell you is that the final prize is a phone call from one of the Ax-Men to talk about whatever. :)

missourilogger

i watched the road to season 2 last night And was Amazed. When did eric and Levi leave stump branch on their website they are still on there what is up with that ???
i Was here

and here

Jeff

It happened last year, even before the airing of all the episodes. I'll have to find out from Mindy and see what I can and can't say.  :)

Mindy

Quote from: missourilogger on February 27, 2009, 02:55:16 PM
i watched the road to season 2 last night And was Amazed. When did eric and Levi leave stump branch on their website they are still on there what is up with that ???

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and give an update on what is going on over this way.  I still work for Melvin, and I also work for Mike.  Eric and Levi did leave Stump-Branch last spring.  Eric now works for Jay and Levi works for Mike.

I had no idea that there would be so much interest in Melvin's site since he is not on Season 2.  I didn't bother to update his site, bad decision on my part!  I have some work to do on the site now.

Melvin is doing well.  He has a great crew and is on a steady state job.  His equipment seems to be holding together well with very few breakdowns lately.  His operation could be considered "boring" without all the equipment mishaps.  But even with a smooth operation you'd still couldn't miss the colorful side of Mel ;D

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer back.

Thanks,
Mindy

stumphugger

One of the guys here named his Yoader, Melvin.  He had it taped on the front.  Melvin the Yoader didn't do so well, though, and we had no clearcuts for Melvin to throw line out in.  So Melvin the Yoader was stuck doing normal shovel logging chores, and the occasional truck loading when the shovel broke down. 

Jeff

Don't forget! Show starts tonight, followed by the contest for the first episode. I'll announce on the general board tonight when the questions have been posted for the first contest of the season! :)

Mindy

Quote from: stumphugger on March 01, 2009, 10:36:26 AM
One of the guys here named his Yoader, Melvin.  He had it taped on the front.  Melvin the Yoader didn't do so well, though, and we had no clearcuts for Melvin to throw line out in.  So Melvin the Yoader was stuck doing normal shovel logging chores, and the occasional truck loading when the shovel broke down. 

:DI can't wait to tell this to Melvin, he'll really get a kick out of it. 

Dave Shepard

There were a lot of great characters on Axe men season #1, but Melvin had one of the best attitudes of them all. He might swear up a storm when something went wrong, but he'd get out of the machine with a smile. :D I won't get to see this season 'til it comes out on DVD. :(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

Just set the sat. to auto tune weekly  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Week one is up!   Have fun and good luck!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Rockfarmer

Allright, I'm in  8) So last night I joined in and played, but knew I missed a couple,.. so there I am lying in bed thinking about one of the questions and I figured it out, dooooh,.. too late, that dd+d thing  :-X, I want to get me one of them Pihl logging hats  ;D

Jeff

They are running the first episode again tonight at 10:00 eastern.

I don't plan on ending this weeks contest until tomorrow morning, so you have a little bit of time yet.  I gotta get this weeks tests graded and stars past out tomorrow though. :)