iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old track vehicle,model T ford,model A ford ,antique snowmobile meet

Started by loggah, January 09, 2015, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Some friends of mine are having an antique snowmobile meet  nearby in Thornton N.H. on the 17-18 of this month,they wanted to make sure that there was snow before they announced it. It should be a good time,to bad i dont have the log hauler ready! :'( ;D ;D well maybe next year. Heres a link to the snowcat forum ad.

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=70019
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

StimW

There was a show on RFD TV where they put one of the (Model T I think) track kits with ski's on a truck. I think it was "Our 5 Sons" in Alaska.
The American Pickers bought a set of Ski's on their show the other night.
We USED to be very creative in this country! Now, not so much. The lawyers have us shut down.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

fishpharmer,Come on up on the 17-18. I bet they will even let you drive one. Bring a winter coat too. Opps forgot,What's a winter coat,right??  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

r.man

Listening to snowmobiles go by on the side of the highway while I type. Slow year so far, we had some snow, lost most of it but we now have enough to groom. You can run an airboat on snow if you don't have anything better.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

loggah

O.K. everyone, tomorrow and Sunday  this is going on,all kinds of antique snow vehicles will be there, anyone planning on coming might want to be bundled up !!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sprucebunny

A few pictures.

The last picture is a Bombardier Muskeg and the back looks unfinished to me ??? Like there should be a roller at the top or something ??? I didn't spot a winch either ?

loggah

Glad you could make it !!I was there early 9-10.30 then came back later on around 1.00 !!!! i guess we missed each other.The Bomber used to have a fairlead and winch on it,when waterville valley ski area owned it .It was taken off before these guys got it they want to put one back on. I'm going back tomorrow for a while.

sprucebunny

Sorry to miss you. I was there around 11:30-12.

The Ford tracks were much quieter than I expected. Five ? Fords had a factory type track and one person had made their own. My hat's off to them !
Another machine had the 'factory' type cleats and tire guides mounted on a rubber belt. Another good idea.

loggah

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!