iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does this look legal or even safe!

Started by Bibbyman, September 18, 2010, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Yep. But I'm the one that gets caught for not strapping my backhoe attachment down even though the little tiny tractor it's firmly attached to is securely held down by two heavy duty chains and binders.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

maple flats

While we weren't on an interstate, we have done worse. Back in the early to mid 80's my brother and I went to a farm auction about 40 miles from home. We got lots of bids and our train looked similar on the way home. We pulled it all with an old Wileys pickup from the early 50's but it had been completely rebuilt. (It then sported a Ford 302, i think it was,  v8 under the hood) We got a hay wagon which was loaded to the hilt with things we bought, behind that was a bailer and behind that was a tedder. The auction was on the first Saturday in April so it got dark early, and by the time we got rolling it was almost dark. Needless to say, the only lights were on the truck, and we ran the flashers all the way. It took us almost 4 hrs, with us re checking chains and pulling onto the shoulder every time a line built up behind us to let traffic pass. We were on a State Highway all except the last 3 miles and no one bothered us. We were even passed by a few sheriffs cars but they paid no attention.
This was farm equipment so that might have been why we weren't stopped but as I think back I realize we were being real stupid. Had we caused an accident we would have been liable and I am not sure how we held it on the road going down the few hills we encountered. The max speed we could go was about 16-17 mph because the train would fishtail over that.
I would never even think of doing that now but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Another time we looked like the clampetts as we went to visit our oldest daughter and hauled some of here stuff with us. We drove from central NY to Newport News, VA, in an old Caddy with every available space filled to capacity, and then we tied a wooden rocker on top of the trunk and tied a punch bowl set in the seat. My wife even had to wear a lamp shade because it would fit no where else. As the trip went, we encountered fuel problems in PA. We were on I 81 and going up hill was good but going down the enjine almost stalled. We eventually pulled off at Wilkes Barre and found a dealer. This dealer was the biggest, fanciest we had ever seen. As i turned into their entry drive, there was several signs, one for their Ford dealership, another for their Chevy , another for the Dodge and there might have even some others. Then at the end of the road was the Caddy dealership, all under the name Eartley Motor World (spelling might be ?) As we pulled up to the Caddy dealership it looked like a fancy hotel. There were 3 or 4 lanes as we drove up, each with a glass house for the attendant. We stopped at the house and the attendant asked us what the problem was. We were then directed to the waiting room where they had hot soup, cold and hot drinks, comfortable chairs and entertainment for all ages. A mechanic came and asked more questions a few times but they could not duplicate the problem. I suggested they just drive it down a local hill, they did and then the repairs started. They had to drop the tank, change the filter sock on the fuel pump and then re-assemble. It seems the sock had deteriorated so it was collapsing on the pump suction on the down hill. With over 4 clock hours before it was fixed my wife and I thought we might have to walk and sell them the car and it's contents to break even. We were truly surprised when they gave us the bill and it was under $200. We always thought they felt sorry for us and discounted the price. I can just imagine the talk after we left, punch bowl in rocker on the trunk lid and all.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

SwampDonkey

Heck, it's even illegal to ride a hay wagon here on a public road. Why? Because a wagon loaded with hay and kids met it's maker with a collision with a transport truck about 20 years back.

Here's something. A home made trailer just acquired has no tax when registered. While a commercially built one has taxes owing on registration. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JPM

my take on the pic is that is all they own and are on their way else where.

Thank You Sponsors!