iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pulp cord?

Started by Fedge, January 05, 2016, 10:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedge

From time to time I will put an ad on Craigslist to buy logs. On occasion, I have had loggers contact me to see if I am buying logs. I generally work with White cedar and I have always purchased by the cord. On larger, premium logs, I pay by the board foot. I currently have an ad on Craigslist and emailer asked if my price was for a full cord or a pulp cord. I am not familiar with the term pulp cord. I have always understood a cord to be 4'x4'x8' (plus an additional 4" in extra length) What is the difference?

Geoff
A smart man knows a lot, a smarter man knows what he doesn't know.

Corley5

A cord is 128 cubic feet.  A pulp cord would be 2'X8'X8' while a firewood cord is 4'X4'X8  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

grassfed

Here in Vermont a cord of hardwood pulp is determined by weight based on 2.6 tons per cord. Local cedar mills buy wood by the face cord. Usually that is more than a cord because it is 4x4x the length of the log that they want, so if they want a face cord of 10 foot logs it is more than a cord but if they want a face cord of six foot logs it is less than a chord... You just need to ask the guy what he is talking about cause you never know.
Mike

Thank You Sponsors!