iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Older Equipment

Started by Autocar, October 15, 2013, 05:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

The other day I pulled up to State Route 33 a busy road between Fort Wayne Indiana and Columbus Ohio. Nothing coming so I start across just started rolling and it was like I shut the key off. Truck was loaded and trailer was loaded with logs just that fast I had both lanes blocked and trucks was backing up. I put the old Autocar in reverce and used the starter to push it out of the intersection. Figured out the 12 volt coil on the fuel pump gave up the ghost. I turned the manual fuel screw and she fired right up and away I went for the rest of the week turning the fuel screw in to shut the truck off. Fifty two dollars later and shes good as new. I like the older equipment with a little help there so much easier to keep rolling.
Bill

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

snowstorm

had it been a newer truck a tech would have to plug his computer into it to find what was wrong

hardtailjohn

More than once I have come home under power, thanks to being able to turn the thumbscrew on a Cummins! Snowstorm's right...a newer truck and you'd have had to plug in the computer. Thanks, but I'll take the thumbscrew!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Autocar

I'll second that, a fellow at least can repair alot of the things yourself.
Bill

exSW

As long as you spend more time working with it than on it old stuff is great.I've been doing a lot of the opposite lately.It doesn't owe me a dime, it doesn't owe me a dime I keep telling myself.
"well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison"

redprospector

I love my old equipment.
I've got a 40 year old skidder that I put $5000 into a couple of years ago. I wanted to cry about it, but I thought about the payment on a newer (not new, newer) skidder. I was happy to spent the 5 grand then. I know what I've got.

I just bought a 2005 Dodge Cummins, but you can bet I won't be getting rid of my old 97.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!