iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Found this

Started by Mt406, April 05, 2014, 12:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mt406

Found this behind a wood shop in town. So I asked if thay would sell it. 500 bucks and it can be all mine.
The Question is do I really need it. I am looking for a dust collector but this is big 15 hp 3 phase 1750 rpm.
Looks like a 10in maybe 12 intake could suck up one of my wife's little dogs  no_no   
The place I am looking at to buy to move to. dosent have 3 phase.
Would it be worth getting as trading stock.
Also has the stand.

Any opinions

thanks

redprospector

I'd jump on it, if it were me. You could always use a "phase converter" to run it.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

36 coupe

First question.Why is it out back 2nd question. Can you afford to run a 15 hp motor.A phase converter that can run a motor that size will cost plenty.It has a scrap value of 10 cents a pound.

Magicman

My first thoughts were the same as 36 coupe's first question above.  My second thought was that 500 bucks seemed steep for something dismantled and sitting out back.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

It really depends on if it works, does it need repair?  And do you have a use for it?  It is a good size on, and  I thought 500 was not a bad price, is there a need? 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Gregg Huffman

If it was me I'd keep looking for something smaller especially since you don't have 3 phase.

Peter Drouin

I would put a gas engine on it if I had to, Nice
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

shinnlinger

It is very similar unit to the one on my woodshop and I bet the same manufacturer.  A few years ago a kid threw a big hunk of wood in it and imploded the aluminum impeller.  Since mine looks about as "new" as yours I figured all was lost.  However I  was able to get a number off the tag and it turned out a new impeller was not only available it was only a few towns over in the tiny town of Rumney nh. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Mt406

This one has a steel impeller.
But for now I think I am going to hold off, they are not in a hurry to sell it.
So I have time. But the though of putting a gas motor on has me thinking.

shinnlinger

I was told steel was a bad idea because it can spark and explode the dust.  The company that made mine is from Minnesota or somewhere closer to you, I just cant remember  the name.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!