iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's That Time Again

Started by Gary_C, March 21, 2010, 02:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

The first day of spring is here and it's time for that house cleaning. So that means its time to get rid of that junk you've been accumulating and get someone to buy your junk. Yes it's time for the garage sale season.  :)

Now some call them yard sales or flea markets or last year I saw a sign for a family sale. And I didn't even know you could sell your family. Sometimes it sounds tempting, but who would buy a family anyway.  :D

Now while it may sound like I am anxious for the season to start, you'd be wrong to assume that. I hate them but my wife is a garage sale addict. So when we are going somewhere and my wife sees a garage sale sign and demands I stop, I turn deaf and blind while maintaining a steady speed. But some times they are unavoidable. Then I just make a walkaround and wait in the car while she examines everything they offer. And she is well known in the family and when the grandkids come for a visit, they usually come with a rule they are not to be sent home with any extra clothes.  ;D

So how about you? Are you ready to paw thru someone elses junk?  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

There was a time when you could pick up some decent stuff. But, all I see now is racks of old clothes they need to take to the Salvation Army. So, I just stopped attending a long while back.

Sometimes we have those auctions that are left overs from the cities where someone's estate was auctioned off and what's left is some old rusted and busted iron and books that someone thinks us country folk would be interested in. I'm never interested in those high graded auctions. :D

Flee markets are much more fun.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

My favorite place for garage/yard/basement sales was when I was stationed in Alaska.

You could find virtually anything in the sale.

The last one I went to, I picked up 2 rifles, a Buck knife and lots of camping stuff.

You'd likely find lots of fishing tackle too.

Other than that, I like the pawn shops down south.  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!