iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another welding question

Started by woody1, April 02, 2007, 07:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Why couldn't ya drill a few holes, and weld it, then bolt a plate cutout the same shape ???  That will definitely take the strain off the weld ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woody1

Well, the blade shaft gave me problems. The bearing would not budge. I had to cut out one bearing, now I have the shaft off and the blades removed. Hope I can find a new bearing, it's a rex 2200. I welded the leg and leg brace using the instructions on this thread, worked great. Tommorrow I am going to start blasting and painting.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

jokers

Quote from: woody1 on April 03, 2007, 06:47:00 PMOne more question... The batter gets a hit to short left field, the runner from first slides past second base, missing the base. The shortstop catches the throw from the left fielder while standing on second base, before the runner gets back to second. then the runner gets back to second, no tag. Is he out ?  ??? ???
Yes, since the guy from first base is forced to second in this scenario he must touch second base before he is considered safely there and tagging the base is as good as tagging the runner. You cannot overrun(or slide) second or third base the way that you can "run through" the first baseman. What is your opinion on this?

woody1

good answer joker.
The edger is finished. I put everything together today and painted it. The only money I had in it was the $140.00 for the bearing, a little bit of paint, pb blaster and some rods. Thanks alot for all the help, the welding came out good, but I wouldn't want to do alot of cast iron. I uncovered my mill today and hope to have it running by the end of the month. My best friend has already picked out the white pine off MY property to cut on MY mill to take to HIS addition..go figure. Just kidding, he could have anything I own. Thanks again !!!!
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Skytramp

The answer to the baseball question is, Yes he is out.  Since he came from first base he will have to return to first base.
Sky
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Thank You Sponsors!