Sponsors:

Alternative energy - Windmills

Started by SwampDonkey, October 06, 2006, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Surely there is some more tax money in the solution. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hilltop366

I also noticed on another website that says currently

"Turbines are 85-90% recyclable
Approximately 85 to 90 percent of a wind turbine's total mass can be reused or recycled."

This makes sense because a windmill is mostly metals except for the blades and nacelle.

https://renewablesassociation.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Recycling-Wind-Turbines-English-Web.pdf

Hmmm a nacelle is pretty big I wonder if any one has tried to make a house out of one?

Hilltop366

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 06, 2022, 11:08:22 AM
Surely there is some more tax money in the solution. :D :D
Could be, when they take all the tax money, incentives and kickbacks out of oil and gas I'll start complaining.  ;D

SwampDonkey

All part of the chain to me. Need one to produce the other. :D Even more so with new policy that says one can't be produced without the other. No renewable energy projects unless more oil projects. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Walnut Beast

After driving in a part of Iowa that has the wind turbines and looking at them fairly close they are massive. The footprint on the ground isn't that much and the blades are plenty high to farm under. But what a eye sore!! Some farm ground I looked at had five and the payout was 4,000 a year lease with five on the place. They got him to sign low! The leases are 4-9k average a year. Might have something to do with how much those particular ones produce. 

Thank You Sponsors!