iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How far do you go

Started by Peter Drouin, October 31, 2013, 05:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I like to get my nickel's worth.  :D

the last pic is a new chain and the old so you can see how much I filed off. I have to put on the new one because the teeth are breaking off the old one. :D :D :D :D
well maybe in a few days. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Looks like that chain is still good for at least one more sharpening.  :D  I use mine until it comes to a sharp point. But I do usually take them off before that point and save them for the stumps that I want to cut real low in the grown up pasture I am clearing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

chucker

x 2 as "thecfarm" works better than wasting a good useable chain to cut sand, rocks an dirty stumps!!
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

mad murdock

thecfarm has the ideal.  I do the same, cut till it is almost to a nubbin, and take it off and save for the nasty jobs.  once in a while I have to pitch one because the cutters break off when it is close to used up, from hitting metal, or a rock. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Oliver1655

While I agree that is a stump/dirty wood chain, I probably would have gave it that designation 1-2 sharpening ago. :-)
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

Peter Drouin

I like to go to the line on the tooth :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

CX3

I could use that chain for several more loads lol. I'm just like ya
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

AdkStihl

That's when they just start cutting good
J.Miller Photography