iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln fan control

Started by Larry, April 06, 2005, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Found something of interest for anybody wanting to control fans in either a solar kiln or powered vent fans in a DH kiln.

Digital thermostat...widest range of any I have ever found (-50 to 212F) and all the parameters are programable.  Heating/cooling modes, differential from 1 to 30 degrees, C or F, and it will handle 120/230V with 30 amp capacity.  Has a 12' long remote sensor so the control is outside the kiln...makes it easy to change temperature.  The box is supposed to be waterproof also.

I wired it up on my DH kiln for power venting.  My chamber is so well insulated I bump over temperature all summer and the compressor shuts off until the temperature drops.  Used to manually vent.  I've been testing for a week and it works great.  (In case anybody wondering this is the Ebac I had for sale...got behind on drying and had to get it running again.)

I wired it by using a short extension cord I had....just cut it in half for the male and female plugs.  Don't think romex would ever fit in the box.

This is where to get it if your interested.  http://www.farmtekcatalog.com/0235.asp  They have all kinds of other cool stuff.  Standard disclaimer...I ain't connected with FarmTek.  The only downside that I can find is $65 delivered.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!