iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood logs to split wood another how much is it question

Started by Justify008, July 26, 2015, 01:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justify008

I have an opportunity to sell some log length firewood. I would be buying it off the landing loading it on my dump trailer and delivering it about 10 miles and dumping it off. The buyer wants to know about how many cords of wood will be on each load. The dimensions of the trailer with the stakes is 16' long x 4' high x   8' wide. Which is the equivalent of 4 cords if it was cut split and stacked. So I was wondering whats the average conversion of cords of logs vs. Cords of split and stacked. Does 4 cords of logs when cut and split stack out to 4 cords?

brendonv

I usually use 190 cu ft of logs turns into one cord +. Ive tested this from trailer to stacked wood and it seems to work.  Would like to hear other peoples opinions also m
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Justify008

Thats what I was thinking the load would be about 3 cords. I've had 1800 board feet of logs on it before to go to the mill which is about half a triaxle load around here and they have around 6 cords of firewood. I use 160-170 cubic feet for thrown in split wood I was looking for a number for logs to split and I was figuring 180-190 thanks for the confirmation.

xalexjx

i use 70 cu ft for 16" cut/ split off conveyer per face cord, and iv never had a complaint
Logging and Processed Firewood

John Mc

If you and the customer trust each other, just tell him you haven't sold much this way, charge him for three cords, and tell him to give you a call to settle up if it doesn't work out to that when he's done splitting and stacking.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Rick Alger

I haven't sold firewood for years, so take this with a grain of salt.

Years ago I did a hardwood thinning for a local sawmill that produced 20  ten wheeler truck loads of tree-length firewood. A lot of the wood was twisty and small. I got paid for 150 cords by the mill, an average of 7.5 cords per truck load. As a side job I processed a few truck loads for home  owners,  by the hour. For the person that wanted a load reduced to four foot wood, the load turned out to be about 6.5 cords.  For the person that wanted cut and spit to 16",  the load turned out to be about 8.5 cords.

Go figure.

woodmills1

short of cutting, splitting, and stacking on the truck firewood is always a gamble.  Sell enough and you know when it is dumped or off loaded weather it was a fair call.  There is a lot of wood in a cord.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!