iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

check out these engines for my mill

Started by ozarkgem, May 13, 2014, 08:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

Even thought I have a mill I am gathering parts to build one with everything I want on a mill. They all have things I like but one doesn't have all the things I like. Plus I never leave anything alone. My current mill is set up on electric and I want a portable mill. The Nissan engine I bought today for `150 bucks. Supposed to be 61 HP @ 4000 rpm. Not sure what RPM I should set it for the mill. The second is a Isuzu Thermo King engine that was given to me. So I have 2 opitons. We will see. I have some Cooks 26" band wheels and some steel channel  and hyd pumps and cylinders now I just need some time.

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

nice find!! what you need is this 3208 cat diesel and I need your Nissan diesel for my 65 chevy sportvan. I love diesels! I really miss my Mercedes 300d.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

drobertson

I believe my cat is set for 1500 rpm idle, 3000 rpm at full run. Maybe someone can verify this, but a heck of a find for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bill Gaiche

Welcome aboard. Keep us entertained with photos. bg

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on May 13, 2014, 09:39:36 PM
nice find!! what you need is this 3208 cat diesel and I need your Nissan diesel for my 65 chevy sportvan. I love diesels! I really miss my Mercedes 300d.
I considered putting it in a vehicle . I had a 08 Cat in a truck once, what a dog. I think the little Nissan would pull better.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

slider

That isuzu is a good little diesel .We had one for years.May be a water pump and starter was all we had to repair on it.
al glenn

bandmiller2

OZG, the diesel is the pick of the litter if you can handle the weight. Both will gave plenty of power for your bandmill but the diesel will run cheaper, and the biggie, it has a governor. Another option if your happy with the electric motor is hook the diesel up to a generator head for travel then plug it in back home, no mill mod. Ga. generator sells Asian genny heads that are good and heavy. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ozarkgem

Quote from: bandmiller2 on May 14, 2014, 07:43:51 AM
OZG, the diesel is the pick of the litter if you can handle the weight. Both will gave plenty of power for your bandmill but the diesel will run cheaper, and the biggie, it has a governor. Another option if your happy with the electric motor is hook the diesel up to a generator head for travel then plug it in back home, no mill mod. Ga. generator sells Asian genny heads that are good and heavy. Frank C.
I run it off a three phase generator now. I have 2 of the Asian gen heads that I built 2 gen sets to play with. They don't put out near the power they claim to. I will build it plenty strong to support the engines. I just want to pull it on site and start milling. Thanks for the ideas.

Red Good

Hard to beat that Nissan , 2200 cc ?  I had one in a Sentra dsl , 300,000 miles and I sold it on and saw someone driving it 3 years later . And literaly sipped the fuel . Good luck , post lots of pics !
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

ladylake

Either one should work great.   If your using a lot of electric motors running thing you would need a higher idle too keep the battery charged otherwise 800 rpm or so .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

OZG, your right about those pacific rim generators, I should have mentioned you always oversize. I have an old Lister ST-1 diesel for backup power and instead of 5kw gen. bought a 10kw. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ozarkgem

Quote from: bandmiller2 on May 15, 2014, 08:32:53 AM
OZG, your right about those pacific rim generators, I should have mentioned you always oversize. I have an old Lister ST-1 diesel for backup power and instead of 5kw gen. bought a 10kw. Frank C.
I had the 22 HP china diesel engine and a 10 K head. Couldn't even run my Lincoln welder with it. Small stuff its OK. Had to put new bearings in it after 1 hr of running.
I now have a Kubota 6KW gen set Kick butt gen set. Run it on bio diesel for about .10 Hr

Thank You Sponsors!