iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Selling my portable 60" circle saw

Started by handhewn, May 15, 2024, 05:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handhewn

My old sawing /mill partner and I are  getting to old/tired (70s) to run the saw anymore. We want to sell the saw but we have no idea what price to ask. I looked on the "sawmills for sale sites" but I could find not anything similar. And, this is a circle saw and that's a whole different beast. The fact that it is a 60" portable I have not seen before. It folds up to become a semi-trailor with hyd. steering rear axles like on long fire trucks in the city. It works well on sharp turns. 671 GM diesel kicks butt. Cuts to 24"x24"x24'. Nicest log Hyd. rotator (to and on carriage) that I have seen on the internet. This really helps rotate select hardwood logs when sawing for figure. 3 headblock carriage. 3 blade off-saw allows for easy handling of jacket/trim boards. One jacket board makes (for example) two edge pieces,two 2x6, and one 2x12, in one pass. The live deck (Hyd.) holds a days sawing. Power off-feed from main saw. Headblocks are set up with finger dogs which are not presently in use. There is a "Pantograph" (spelling?) for the hyd. hoses for the finger dogs. I (and my partner just decided today to do this and so I am just getting started on the process I guess. Any suggestions as to how to go about such a sale or suggested prices would be appreciated. I just now  got into this and I don't have much info at hand but I will collect it ASAP. I did put a U-Tube video in a year or so ago with LOG ROTATION ON SAWMILL CARRIAGE, (I don't remember if that was all caps) Which does show the log rotator rolling cants.

WV Sawmiller

If you determine a price and want to list it here and agree to the terms you can do so. I assume and hope this is not a back door attempt to advertise it here without going through the approval process.

There are folks who sell used sawmill and logging equipment. I'd suggest you look on line and look at them and compare your equipment to as similar equipment as you can find. If you can't find another portable mill like yours look for a stationary mill with similar capacity and decide how much more or less your mobile feature are worth and advertise here or on their sites.

Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

handhewn

The price is the problem. I don't much care what the sale fee is, I first need to determine a price and where to place the add. Nothing on the net that's really close to mine. Related prices vary from 10K to 50K. Picking near the middle, say I go 29K. If I would like to list it here first, where do I start? I have not listed items for sale here before.

WV Sawmiller

Scroll down on the home page to the For Sale thread, agree to the terms and post it there. If you have other questions you can send a pm to @Jeff . Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

handhewn

Very frustrating. Why can't I find anything about "for sale" at the bottom of the "Home page", and where do I find info on "terms"?

Magicman

It's not at the bottom of the Home page, but at the bottom of the forum Index page.  Scroll down and For Sale is under the Commerce banner and How to Post Photos is at the bottom of the page under the Forum Help banner.

Both contain everything that you need including the "Terms".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

handhewn

I am now ready to give up. I have lost several long "topics' as I tray to send them and things I have posted have moved. I am floundering!

Don P

We were going to pick up a trailerload of supplies somewhere in WV. I finally gave in and stopped for directions in a holler so steep daylight only got down there for an hour or two a day. The old man said "Your lost!" "Yes sir I am" "No, you don't understand how lost you are!" He led us a good 20 miles back out to daylight.

That sounds like a fun mill to run, I'm not sure I'd want to drive a twin steer mill cross country though  ffcheesy

Go here, holler if you get lost;
For Sale (forestryforum.com)

handhewn

I thought I would get the 60" saw in shape if I am going to sell it. Last fall we ran the saw and it was not sawing as it should. Lots of wedges, nothing consistent. I did some homework and became aware of the importance of a level mandrel. I checked mine and it was way off. I had just moved the saw to that location and while setting it up I used some wood underneath support blocks which had crushed to a degree that settlement had occurred. After leveling wow what a difference, it sawed like it used to. No more blade heating, wedge cuts, or showers of fine sawdust coming up out of the backside of the saw cut, just consistent nice lumber.  I buried the saw deep (full 2ft. cut) and no problems! Not only that, the self loader extendo-boom log truck I built last winter (from a burned wreck) ran like a clock and loaded the live deck way faster and safer than the very old yard dog truck we had been using!

Thank You Sponsors!