iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wildfires 2022

Started by Riwaka, July 26, 2022, 05:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riwaka

Oak Fire, California - July 2022 . Quite a lot of dead head trees in some of the video sequences. 

California Wildfire: Oak Fire near Yosemite National Park - July 26 update - YouTube

Europeans converted an Airbus A400M propeller transport plane for firefighting duties.
20 tons of water close to twice the weight of water that a Hercules can carry.
Dump time 10 seconds.

Airbus A400M fire plane
A400M Successful Firefighter tests - YouTube

tule peak timber

My back yard two weeks ago.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Walnut Beast

Hope your doing ok now!

barbender

That red slurry having to be dumped that close to your home is not something you ever want to see!
Too many irons in the fire

charles mann

Yesterday, we had a fire 6 miles from my house. They had SEATs and HTS's skycrane, 1HT dropping on it.
Day before that, a wrench a part auto salvage yard about 15 miles east of ft hood caught fire and Neptune, HTS, some SEATs and some box car looking amphib prop job dropping on it.  
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Texas Ranger

Texas is seeing more air assets than ever, even in our east Texas piney woods.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Riwaka

Katherine Blunt - author of California burning - PG&E, Camp Fire and possible future implications for energy companies. 
Episode 82 â€" Katherine Blunt talks PG&E and Camp Fire California - YouTube

60 Minutes - and the Chinook helicopter night flyer fire fighters (on scene, August 2021 and follow up)
Taking the fight to the night against California's wildfires with new helicopters - YouTube

charles mann

We were working both the dixie and caldor fire with our bucket chinook. I like our tank system and it was very knowledgable, informative and great to see our chinooks go from former military, to what we are using them for now. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

tule peak timber

The view out of my front yard a few minutes ago. This one is killing people as well as animals, started last night.

Nebraska

Stay safe, hope you get rain soon.

azmtnman

Quote from: tule peak timber on September 06, 2022, 04:43:12 PMThis one is killing people
I hate to hear that! Firefighters or general public?
Are you guys restricted from clearing brush? 
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

tule peak timber

Two civilians last night. We are required to have brush clearance, but in these temps,106 for weeks on end and only a couple of inches of rain in 2022 and windy it is only a matter of time.

tule peak timber

So, this evening's pic at sunset. My shop foreman is evacuating his family, We are getting rolling blackout alerts for our power and this thing is coming at us. No school tomorrow for the kids. 

newoodguy78

Best wishes sent to you and your crew. Those fires out your way are something I hope to never deal with. 

tule peak timber

This afternoon flames are visible in the distance. A pic just before sunset...

Walnut Beast

These fires everywhere are unbelievable!  And a shame! Where is Smokey The Bear 🐻. They seem to forget about him talking all the time!

beenthere

FYI, Smokey Bear does not have a middle name.   ;) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Your right Beenthere! . Somebody's got to keep me in line 👍

tule peak timber

10 pm and just a small portion of the horizon. Not good.

Another flank

customsawyer

Stay safe. I think I can feel the heat from here.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

tule peak timber

Jake, we are packed and ready to roll dogs and all. They are forecasting a wind event tonight and tomorrow which may provide an opportunity for me in the bio char market. If the flying embers get into the log deck or storage barns, we are toast. A pic near us

Old Greenhorn

That ain't good. I'll be thinking about you all day now and hoping things turn a corner. Keep your head low.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Andries

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Tule Peak! 
 "a wind event tonight and tomorrow which may provide an opportunity for me in the bio char market."
Humour in the face of imminent danger - you the man. 👍
I know you'll get creative about how to keep the fire away, or how to deal with whatever comes your way.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

tule peak timber

Locked, cocked, and ready to rock  :)

rusticretreater

Hopefully our combined well wishes will help protect you and your neighbors.  Keep the faith.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Thank You Sponsors!