iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello

Started by Deere80, September 15, 2016, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deere80

Just wanted to say Hi, have read a lot on here but haven't posted much.  I have a woodland mill that I built a trailer for and just cut for my own use.

Wood-Mizer LT40WIDE 38HP

tnaz

Nice looking set up Deere80; and welcome to the Forestry Forum.

sandsawmill14

welcome to the forum :) and nice mill :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Chuck White

I like your setup.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Deere80.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

These are some really good pictures. Looks like you stay busy.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

That looks kinda long. How long is it?  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Welcome!  Those look like some wide boards!

Magicman

Hello Deere80 and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Nice pictures.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Welcome aboard from another Woodland mill owner. ;D

never finished

Welcome, lots of good people and info here. never

Deere80

Thanks for all the welcomes, them boards are 18in wide.  I needed some side boards for my dump trailer that I haul firewood with, didn't use them all so will cut them down to the with I need for box stalls for the horses I'm building inside the barn.  That will be a winter project so will post some pictures after I get them done.
Wood-Mizer LT40WIDE 38HP

Deere80

Thecfarm I can cut a hair over 21feet. I needed to be mobile because I really do not have a good place to put the mill permanent and wanted to cut more than the ten feet it come factory so that is the reason for the trailer. I never put springs on the trailer because I have no intention on pulling it down the road but will probably regret it.  I can always add them later if need be.
Wood-Mizer LT40WIDE 38HP

sandsawmill14

that is the same thing we done to my hudson mill :) did it before it sawed a log ;D it will cut 21'6 the reason for that length was so we could handle 20' without having to much trouble trying to position the log :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

goose63

Hay Deere are you the guy I was talking to this summer ?now you can cut those long poles

Welcome to the F F
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

scully

You do real nice work ! All the way around ! I love what you did to the mill !
I bleed orange  .

BigZ La

Welcome to the forum

Deere80

Goose,  yes I am the one that talked to you on the phone earlier this summer.  How did that trailer turn out you bought from that buddy of mine?  I hope you jewed him down a little.  I was down at NDrancher's(I think that is his user name) place the other day to get a cedar pole to make that siding for my house and he said he talked to you when you came out for the trailer.
Wood-Mizer LT40WIDE 38HP

goose63

Yup jewed him down some got it home and had to put two air bags on it. now my logger cant get in to get my pine it's all mud over at Motly Minn so look's like i may have to go out to Rapid City to get some logg's :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!