iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Split on cherry logs? and thanks!

Started by Gabby, July 18, 2005, 10:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabby

First, thank you for this site. You people (sorry almost said "guys") have been a great deal of help for this newbie.  I only hope that someday I'll be able to help someone out there making sawdust. I'm having a ball learning. Only cut into the dog once. Should I admit it was the second log? Funny how fast one can learn!
Question-Have a friend who has a huge supply of cherry logs. 12"26" diameter. lenght 8'-20' Some ends are split, evidence also of "wind shake". I'll be the one to make the 16' into an 8' to get to the good stuff. I also sell firewood on the side. My mill is a Lumbermate 2000 and he will help. He will deliver and is looking for a 50/50 split.  Is this fair to both of us?
Never enuf time

Norm

Cherry is one of the few woods I'd agree to cut on shares. Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

WH_Conley

Bill

oakiemac

You can't go wrong on that deal unless the logs are reall small or punky. I have cut on shares with a lot of wood and it has always worked out better then if just paid out right.  The only down side is that it usually ends up to be more work because you have to stack, sticker, dry the lumber and you have to wait long for the money to come in.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Part_Timer

People have a lot of ideas as to what makes a good deal.  I've found that that no matter what the deal the best ones are where both parties can sleep well at night and are willing to do business together again. 

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!