iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wlmedley

Got 3 inches of rain yesterday in a short period of time.Electric was off last night but came back on today.Smaller creeks are going down but I figure rivers are still raising.Light rain today and getting cooler.I've been all morning cleaning debris out of the main road where the ditch lines were full of leaves and sticks and opened up the stopped up culverts.Neighbors set in their houses and watched.My driveway was not damaged as I keep my ditches cleaned out.One neighbor thanked me but most do not and never try to help.If the road is blocked they'll stay home till someone else clears it out.I guess that's the world we live in.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

SwampDonkey

A fine rain driven by wind. I came in from making tomato stakes up at the woodlot this afternoon, about 2 hrs, cutting and sharpening what must be at least 50 stakes. That much is ready anyway for this years crops.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Rain was so hard at times today could not see across the mill yard. Now I have MUD.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

48°F here this morning, still breezy, not much rain out of it. Deck is dry. Looks like showers today and even tomorrow.  ffcheesy  Clouds rain, rain clouds, ho hum.  ffcheesy

Suppose to hit 60° today.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Another rain event has mostly ended. One - 2 inches alot of it yesterday.
Soggy sums it up best.
The ground was already saturated before it started so it
all just ran off fairly quickly.
Some nice warmer days ahead for drying out, again.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Get by today and we have 4 days of sun!!!
Been a good cool spring.
Past years it warms up into the 70's and then we get a hard frost. So far, no long high temps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

B.C.C. Lapp

We got another inch and a half of rain yesterday.  Then we got a little over an inch last night.   Calling for rain tomorrow again.     We just cant get out of this wet cycle.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Old Greenhorn

Just short of an inch of rain yesterday kept me out of the woods for the 3rd day in a row. Some pretty stiff winds too. Only .02" forecast for today, but that's exactly what 'they' said on Wednesday when it rained steady all afternoon.
 I altered my plan and will make another attempt today. When you get this much rain over several days even if it's not raining at the moment the trees are dripping on you all day and you get wet anyway. It's solid overcast now and 15° cooler than this time yesterday. But I gotta get some logs cut and moved.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

40°F this morning and cloudy, a little breeze.

Didn't quite hit 60° yesterday and had an afternoon shower. Sun came out around noon for awhile before that. Bluebirds are back.

thecfarm

We saw one bluebird on the fence yesterday. 
The sun is out!!!!
I looked at the 10-day forecast and only one day, Friday, shows no sun!!!!  :sunny:
Maybe things will dry out. Then I hope it remembers to rain again. :wacky:
Nothing really above 60 coming either. 
A slow warm up this year. So far.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

B.C.C. Lapp

Doesn't look quite a s good here Ray but it DOES look to be improving.   Maybe we will climb out of the mud this week.   Dried up some here yesterday with the high winds.   Sun and pretty stiff breezes again today till tonight then calling for some scattered tstorms.  Maybe they will miss us. 
Still calling for two dry days in a row and that will help quite a bit.   I'm hoping.

SwampDonkey

I don't expect much dry weather until May up here. I'm on roads with the buggy that I would not drive with the pickup until mid May, normally. Still greasy slime unless a pure gravel road. Still snow in the road on the cross road over the ridge. That is a hard gravel road. A couple places the snow always hangs on out there.

Peter Drouin

Sun till 3 pm. Almost 60 Raked half the yard. Rain now. 
Mud in the mill yard.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I forgot what time we lost the sun.  smiley_thumbsdown   The clouds moved in and that was it!!!!

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Looks like both Friday and Sat will be all clouds now. I knew it was too good to be true. 
42°

Old Greenhorn

Cloudy/foggy and 44° here right now. No rain in the forecast for today! First time in 5 days! Yesterday around 2pm we got pushed out of the woodlot by the rain. It would come in spurts, and when it spurted it would rain pretty good, then stop, then start again 20 minutes later. So only 0.2" but enough to drive me to shop and trailer work. I also had to keep a smudge fire going to dry out the shop air.
 Hopefully today is better and thing 'might' dry out. :wink_2:
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Was cloudy here and peeks of sun now and again. Was also some showers around, but where I was at cutting brush it was dry all day long. On the way home probably hit 6 different showers. Never rained at the house all day. Was 50°F here today.

Been hearing the froggies now for 3 days.

thecfarm

I just heard the peepers tonight and the only reason I heard them I was about 20 feet from them. When they really get going, we can hear them up to our house.
Maples are in blossom and are red. Probably been out, but I just noticed them last night. Been cloudy here so that maybe why I missed them.
Sun most of the day!!!

Peter Drouin

Sun till 330. I was cutting lumber and had a 1 ton full of slabs to chip. Then the rain came. I called it a day and took my sister out for a seafood dinner. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Off to a cool start at 34°, then in the mid 50's, but that is no surprise at this time of year.

B.C.C. Lapp

Second dry day in a row and we are making progress.  I split and stacked all day yesterday and plan the same for today.  But one more dry day and I'lll be thinking of firing up the timberjack.

SwampDonkey

Was 38F here this morning and clear skies, but everywhere else was white frost in the grass and fir trees. Clouded over by 9:00 am. Had a sprinkle, nothing to make it wet. 44F was the high here. They called for mid 50's, didn't happen here. Suppose to be down in the 20's tomorrow morning in some places and clear tonight and tomorrow. Suppose to be mid 50's. We'll see.  :sunny:

Peter Drouin

I think I have sun for the next 5 days ffcool
A&P saw Mill LLC.

SwampDonkey

Was 32°F this morning at home, got to 46F I think. Not full sun, but enough to make it a decent day.  :sunny:

Bluebirds are busy around them nest boxes. This morning the lawn was crawling with robins everywhere. I see the pheobes are back to. Have not seen a tree swallow yet, too early.

Thank You Sponsors!