iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bark Beetle

I like what we call cofflate just every now and then though. Its hot chocolate made with coffee instead of milk or water.
We like coffee so much around here that I decided to attempt a different dessert with coffee... COFFEE PIE!!! It may sound weird but it is really really good. I made the creamer just vanilla milk and a bit of cinamon, mixed it with the coffee,  thickened it with corn starch and poured it in the crust. Coffee jelly in a pie crust may sound weird but it is definiteley worth a try. ;D
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Logger RK

During winter,fill the wood stove season I usually up around 4am & get a cup or 2 of Folger's from the day before. Then The Bride makes a  fresh pot & may have another cup & fill the to go cup. Buddy of mine say Arco is the best he's ever had & that's all he'll drink. Got to try some of that some day👍😎

Chuck White

Quote from: Bark Beetle on January 25, 2016, 11:56:46 PM
I like what we call cofflate just every now and then though. Its hot chocolate made with coffee instead of milk or water.
We like coffee so much around here that I decided to attempt a different dessert with coffee... COFFEE PIE!!! It may sound weird but it is really really good. I made the creamer just vanilla milk and a bit of cinamon, mixed it with the coffee,  thickened it with corn starch and poured it in the crust. Coffee jelly in a pie crust may sound weird but it is definiteley worth a try. ;D

Once in a while, especially during the Winter, I'll pour a cup of coffee (I normally drink it black) and add a heaping spoonful of instant hot chocolate.   smiley_thumbsup

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Quote from: Chuck White on January 26, 2016, 09:03:42 AMOnce in a while, especially during the Winter, I'll pour a cup of coffee (I normally drink it black) and add a heaping spoonful of instant hot cocolate. smiley_thumbsup
My curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it.  OK, I tried it. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Good, ain't it!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

It was OK, but it took the coffee taste away.  I will be content to keep them separate.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sandhills

Maybe like some Yankees trying grits?  :)

dgdrls

Columbia or Hawaiian roast with extra light cream or 1/2&1/2
I have a cup for the ride to work,
We have a Commercial Bunn brewer at work 
so a couple more in the morning
and none after lunch anymore.

Caffeine free tea after dinner if I have anything.

Dan

yukon cornelius

New favorite coffee brand. Farmer Brothers. Delicious!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Is that what is going into my FF cup?   ???

sawguy21

We prefer Mellita but buy whatever is on sale except for the President's Choice or no name. The quality is  hit or miss, one can will be be quite good the next one swill. Right now Nabob is on the counter, ok but not our favorite.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

yukon cornelius

That is on the menu for Saturday. We also bought some unleaded for the caffeine intolerant.  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

rick carpenter

One cup in the morning with my wife, and usually one more at work @ the high school where the dollar goes to support the special education program. Black only!
Suburban Redneck raised up in the Deep South!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 24, 2016, 02:31:53 PM
We prefer Mellita but buy whatever is on sale except for the President's Choice or no name. The quality is  hit or miss, one can will be be quite good the next one swill. Right now Nabob is on the counter, ok but not our favorite.

I like the PC West Coast Dark Roast Gourmet coffee. The so called "Great Canadian Coffee" label is not that great I'm afraid. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Yoder409

One 20 oz. go mug M-F for the commute.   Ample cream plus a whisker more.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Magicman

Carson-saws

I can not understand how it is that Starbucks took a good ole cuppa coffee and just had ta turn it into some kind of candy in a hot cup.....give me a cup of black coffee and I am a happy Man....what in theeee world!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Josef

cold weather 6 to 8 cups a day, warm weather 2 to 3 and I make up for the caffeine deficiency with Pepsi. Now a days I roast my own small batches and grind a cup at a time, light roast from free trade beans I get from a good friend who does missionary work in S America.

I started drinking coffee at about 5 years old, my grandma would make me milk coffee from hot milk, nescafe instant and a teaspoon of sugar, dipping day old homemade bread until it was gone was breakfast before school. I think the kick helped me deal with the nuns at school. I can think of lots of things I'd give up before I'd give up coffee. Caffeine, cholesterol and calories, the three basic food groups.

Joe
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

Magicman

Your three C's gave me a chuckle.   :D

Czech_Made

Anybody tried German coffee?  Like this one: 

I usually buy Rwanda  or Costa Rica at Costco,  but Tchibo is a nice change.

I drink, hmm, lets see, about pound a week  ;D

trapper

All the talk about coffee, any FF cups left in the FF store?  Mine broke.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Claybraker

Couple of months ago I discovered a local shop that imports Jamaican Blue Mountain. They roast it fresh every day, then ship it out. (primarily an e-commerce thing). They even have single estate beans, which is similar to single-malt scotch, and priced about the same. I'm still working my way through the entire selection before I decide which I like best. Might have to go back and try some I've already tried just to refresh my taste buds. I figure I'm still young, I've got time.

Not as much fun as some other Jamaican imports I experimented with in my younger days, but the statute of limitations has passed on that.

Carson-saws

Certifiel Magnum Exotics...CLAY is indulging the good stuff...Just picked up a bag of the Blend stuff...mail order...very good stuff...I am a regular Green Mntn. liker....Coffee is like a steak...analogy speaking anyway,   some like their steak rare, some like it well done.  Coffee is:  some like it black...some like it buttered up...either way,, waking up or staying warm...it is "good to the last drop"
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

sawguy21

That reminds me, a fresh pot should be ready. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!