iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

J.J. keller makes logbooks.  I plead the fif on what looseleafs are for.  Definitely consumed lethal amounts of caffeine at times to bring home a sorry check. 
Praise The Lord

sawguy21

I used to drink a lethal amount of coffee but had to back off, now it is two cups in the morning and occasionally one in the afternoon. Definitely won't drink it cold. Mike, do you have to run an ELD yet?

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mike_belben

ELD law passed in 2016 and anyone driving commercial has to have one in model yr 2000 or newer equipment.  I had 2 employers and both ran outlaw.  Never did ELD and never will. 

The missus and i switched roles again.  She works while i play house wife.
Praise The Lord

Magicman

I have gotten a pleasant but unexpected coffee surprise! 

Since I am the only coffee drinker here, I generally bought the 11.5 oz can of coffee so that it would be fresher but even then, by the time I reached the bottom of the can the smell was mostly gone.  Grinding my own beans probably would have somewhat cured that but that wasn't gonna happen.

I am using the exact same brand/grind so the sealed K-Cups are doing their job quite nicely.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

that is what my wife drinks too.  I drink a French roast and push the strong button.  If I run out, I will drink my wife's but I always push the strong button.  if the flavor is not enough, try the "Strong button".  enjoy.  good to the last drop!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

10 cans on reserve here, should be good until next fall. ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

I bought a can of Folgers on sale, it is ok but won't go back for more. My favorite is Melitta but it tends to be pricey.

doc henderson

hey swamp, I just thought it was well cooked meat!   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

:D :D The shelving. Yup, well done. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 14, 2020, 09:25:17 PMI bought a can of Folgers on sale, it is ok but won't go back for more
There is a very discernible difference between Maxwell House and Folgers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RichTired

Back in 2002 when I was a manufacturing consultant, I had the privilege to work on a few projects at the Jacksonville, Florida Maxwell House coffee plant (General Foods plant owned by Kraft Foods). 

I was very impressed with their operations and quality control. And it made the Jacksonville area smell so good...

I loved to watch their coffee testers, slurp and spit.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Tacotodd

I SOOO missed it this morning. I had to go in for a certain procedure. Nothing to eat or drink except what tiny bit of water needed for swallowing meds. See the forestry and logging, what's on your to-do-list, it'll make sense.
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

having mine now.  I am out of the dark roast and drinking my wife's Maxwell house.  We have beans in bags, but could not find the refillable K cup, and my wife is not up for bean grinding yet this am.  When we went to Philmont, we took Starbucks via instant coffee packs to make with hot water.

Magicman

I had $3.00 off coupons for a box of Dunkin' and a box of Green Mountain.  I'll try the Green Mountain in the morning.

Texas Ranger

McDonald cups are pretty good in my Keurig, but, Newmans Own and Community Club are my go to.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ron barnes

I love Community coffee but not with chicory.  The dark roast is great.  Drinking it now.

doc henderson

one of our nurse's husbands bought a big bunch of chicory years back.  so much that she brought baggies of the stuff to give away in the ED.  I would mix it with regular coffee.  it added some flavor and in a sense, made drinkable lower caffeine brew.  we now do the K cups.  we used to only drink 1/3 to 1/2 of the pot anyway.  and now my wife and I can pick what we want.

Walnut Beast

I drink lots of coffee. All day everyday. This is the smoothest, best tasting coffee I've come across. I mix it 50/50. Coffee now ☕️ 

Magicman

I am genuinely sorry for what I did.  PatD said that just because I had a coupon didn't mean that I had to use it.  Well in that light, just because I bought it doesn't mean that I have to drink it.

I have never tried drinking "dish water" but I poured that cup of Green Mountain down the sink.  :-X  I am drinking a cup of the Dunkin' now but the rest of the box will be kept in reserve just in case I ever run out of Maxwell House or Community.

I normally drink one cup a day and at least it can be something that I enjoy.  No more experimenting.  ::)

RichTired

MM, sorry you had a bad coffee experience with Green Mountain. :( 
I really like it.  :laugh: I usually rotate between Green Mountain, Community, and Maxwell House. It depends on what's on sale or a BOGO.  I don't care for Dunkin or McD's and usually go with the medium roast or breakfast blends.

Once at one of my client's sites, someone thought it would be funny to put salt in the sugar container. :(
So I have dumped a few cups down the drain over the years as well...
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Magicman on December 18, 2020, 08:08:59 AMPatD said that just because I had a coupon didn't mean that I had to use it. 
:D :D :D

Quote from: Magicman on December 18, 2020, 08:08:59 AMNo more experimenting.  ::)
I bet you'll be trying something new by June. :D

Magicman

Actually I just finished a cup of Green Mountain and it was OK, just different.  I'll use it for my afternoon swig and reserve the Maxwell House for my mornings.

SwampDonkey

I've stuck with the same coffee for a few years now, as shown above. Good and flavorful. Some coffee just does not have any taste to me, and Maxwell House is one. Haven't used it in years. Maxwell house has even said in the past that it was a bit doctored with Robusta beans (cheap stuff). :D

Kraft to remove robusta beans from Maxwell House coffee blend - MarketWatch

ESFted

Floated the Dearborne river in Montana back in '66 with some friends. Fished until dark, then pulled off into a place that had a decent place to pitch a tent. One of my buddies went down to the creek and filled up the big old porcelain coffee pot that our Montana resident rancher, Skip had brought along to show us how to make cowboy coffee. Skip threw in a hand full of grounds and put the pot on the fire to boil for a while, then cracked an egg and slid it down inside the pot. He said the raw egg would settle to the bottom and as it cooked it would capture the grounds to keep them out of the brew. Tasted OK, but a little gritty. Next morning at first light we stoked up the fire to warm up the coffee. Skip flipped the lid and looked into the pot to see how much was left and got a funny look on his face. He reached into the pot and pulled out a green slimy mess that included a chunk of dried up cow patty....seems that when our buddy went down to the river for water in the dark, he never actually made it to the river. Instead he filled the pot from a backwater slough used as a watering hole by the rancher's cattle. I'll never forget that lesson in making cowboy coffee!
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

sawguy21

:D It didn't kill ya but I bet that boy was off coffee detail

Thank You Sponsors!