iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cabin plans

Started by soggyboot, January 17, 2012, 08:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggyboot

Hi All! I am interested in building a cabin approx. 24'x32' with two bedrooms, a loft and a farmers porch. I own a sawmill and have plenty of white pine and spruce. What I want to find are plans that tell me how many 8x8, 6x6, 2x4 etc. I will need to cut to be able to build it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for letting me be part of this great resource.

Jim_Rogers

Welcome to the forum.

Usually frames are designed to fit the needs of the customer. I don't personally know of a site where you can go and get a list like you want for free.

Most plan sites require you to buy their plans first to get the stock list.

I do a design service and can design a cabin frame for you. From this design my program can put out a stock list you want.
This is not a free service. This a service for a fee.

I'd be happy to help you, if you wish.

If you'd like to start talking about your project and stock list, send me an email via the regular email system and we can begin.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

jander3

As Jim indicated plans are dependant on your situation. 

You can get a general idea of some timber frame structures by looking at the following link:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/board,79.0.html

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, soggyboot.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Qweaver

Get a simple drafting program that will allow you to make three view (orthographic) drawings.  You don't need to learn a complicated drafting program.  Draw your plan to scale and make your cut list from it.  I've been doing it for years.  Making 3d drawings is great if you don't mind the steep learning curve to do it. 
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

edkemper

Build in a square. It's cheaper and easier. More usable room in a 30x30 than a 20x45.
Old Man

Thank You Sponsors!