2012 NFL

Started by rockman, September 05, 2012, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 17, 2012, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Riggs on September 17, 2012, 01:27:06 PM
David, I'm getting a kick out of your running commentary under your avitar

I try to cover it all, from Mills to Thrills!  :D

I'm pulling for Denver tonight. Manny should do the job with John Fox coaching. He's always had a horse shoe.....well.......Atlanta needs to lose. That'll put a 3 way tie in our division.

That was a big surprise to me.  I hope we don't see any more of that from Denver.

redbeard

I was thinking about going to Monday night football Hawks at home vs Packers. Never been to Monday night game, so I called my buddys that have Season tkts and they have them on ebay hoping to pay for the season tkts. Yikes 500.00 for descent seats. Found some nose bleed seats that are normally 30 or 40 a seat are going for 280.00 you would think it is the super bowl. Iam gonna stay home and watch it on TV. I will really regret not going if Hawks beat the packers.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

beenthere

The only way some fans can see their Packers play is to go to another stadium where tickets are at least available.
They draw a crowd.

The Monday night game should be a good game.... depending on who shows up. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wick

Been a Cowboy's fan since youth. Now I pull for the Panthers too since they are local.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Warbird

Quote from: JohnW on September 18, 2012, 11:53:45 PM
That was a big surprise to me.  I hope we don't see any more of that from Denver.

I hope we start seeing some good officiating.  The refereeing in that game was a travesty!

JohnW

Quote from: Warbird on September 19, 2012, 11:09:44 PM
Quote from: JohnW on September 18, 2012, 11:53:45 PM

I hope we start seeing some good officiating.  The refereeing in that game was a travesty!

Agreed.  I wasn't watching really close, but I couldn't help seeing the bad pass interference calls that John Gruden pointed out.  And then they let this whole big fight break out.  I imagine the commissioner will be reviewing that film to see if there aint somebody he can fine or suspend.

Raider Bill

How about them RAIDERS!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

terry f

Congrats, Steelers have the worst coach in NFL history, and we will never get rid of him.

Warbird

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 24, 2012, 10:39:59 AM
How about them RAIDERS!

No kidding!  That was a good game.  What's the latest status on Darrius Heyward-Bey?  I couldn't believe the refs didn't call a penalty on that blatant hit.  Scary stuff.  These refs are going to get someone killed or seriously maimed if they don't step it up soon.

Raider Bill

He got released today from the hospital. I bet his ears are still ringing.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Kansas

That was quite a game Sunday for the Chiefs. I really don't think they were that good; it just was that the Saints were worse. How in the world do you kick 6 field goals, and the only touchdown was one 90 yard run by Jamal Charles. Nothing wrong with field goals, but you get down inside the 20, once in awhile you ought to actually score a touchdown.

On the plus side, was seeing Charles back. His production Sunday has only been matched by one other player; James Brown. That is some heady company.

redbeard

What a officiating fiasco in Seattle. Packers got robbed. Too many mistakes. Seahawks did beat them in sacks I think they had 10. At least this should get the pro officials back hopefully by next game.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Left Coast Chris

49ers !!! 8) 8) 8)

They did't show up aganist the Vikes but maybe the loss will get them back to dishing it out again..... :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Warbird

Romo's nickname should sometimes be "Ohno!"

clww

Right! :D I enjoyed seeing those Bears maul the Cowboys last night. 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mike@Norwood

Thanks to my team, I've been forced to steer clear of this thread. One day the Bills will stop playing Jekyll and Hyde looking good during stretches of a game then having reality set faster than the speed of light.

Why I why do I bother? Either I'm a gluten for punishment or optimism is my downfall. lol

Nevertheless Go Bills  smiley_hanged

Raider Bill

Quote from: Mike@Norwood on October 02, 2012, 10:38:36 AM
Thanks to my team, I've been forced to steer clear of this thread. One day the Bills will stop playing Jekyll and Hyde looking good during stretches of a game then having reality set faster than the speed of light.

Why I why do I bother? Either I'm a gluten for punishment or optimism is my downfall. lol

Nevertheless Go Bills  smiley_hanged

Same for me just change the team name.....

Warbird

I'm sure Kansas feels the same way about the Chiefs? 

ashes

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on September 25, 2012, 12:59:51 AM
49ers !!! 8) 8) 8)

They did't show up aganist the Vikes but maybe the loss will get them back to dishing it out again..... :) :)

Looking pretty good this year for sure.

Kansas

In what had to be the biggest display of tastelessness, when Matt Cassel, qb of the Chiefs got crunched between two linemen and crumpled to the ground, the Chiefs fans cheered. They had been clamoring for Brady Quinn to replace him. I like Chiefs football, but really. Football isn't that important when a player is laying there with a concussion.

JohnG28

I missed games yesterday but was watching this this morning. One of the OTs for KC was on this morning ranting about the fans, I think he hit it dead on. Ridiculous to cheer for someone's injury. On a different note, I hear a lot of NFC east talk but no Philly, so gotta say go Eagles!
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Mooseherder

There was thuggery on the field for the Cincinatti/Dolphin game well after a few plays were over with.  It was a little sad to see no reaction or calls from the officiating.

Raider Bill

Thuggery! :D :D :D :D

scgargoyle

We've found the key to preventing Buccaneer losses- a bye week! :D :D :D

Anyone watch the game last night? Sure seemed like the officials wanted New Orleans to win at the end....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Warbird

I have Ryan Matthews (running back for the Chargers) on my Fantasy Football team.  He had a broken collarbone preseason but has been back in for the last couple of games, so I've played him.

My opponent this week has Jackie Battle (another running back for the Chargers).  Battle is the guy who filled in for Matthews and was even listed as the starter for the game yesterday.

Matthews ended up with 139 yards and a TD.  Battle ended up with only 17 yards on 6 carries.  My opponent was complaining and whining about it.  Here was some of our online banter:

Opponent:  this STINKS!!!
Me:  No it doesn't! I was wondering how this epic battle between the 2 RB's would go. Personally, I'm very pleased.
Opponent:  Epic indeed, It will be discussed for ages. I didnt see Battle once.. Apparently he started? My team stinks.
Me:  I guess you could say he... *puts on sunglasses* ...lost the battle. YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

He hasn't talked to me since.  LOL

Thank You Sponsors!