iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 61

Started by donbj, April 25, 2021, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHansen

Real1shepherd

Cool indeed. But I don't have any kind of penchant for the really old stuff....stuff before the 70's.

I've been offered a lot of old MAC's over the yrs and have absolutely no interest in those old boat anchors. But I DO appreciate those who collect and refurbish them......

Kevin

Tacotodd

Like #BuckinBilly?
Trying harder everyday.

Real1shepherd

Yes!! I do appreciate his passion for those old MAC's. He is sincerely a devotee of old MAC's......

He probably has done more to push the price up on the 10-10's than anyone else....lol.

He was at the height of his glory on YouTube when he got some ancient MAC generator to actually fire up.

Kevin

donbj

Quote from: Real1shepherd on May 17, 2021, 10:25:53 AM
Cool indeed. But I don't have any kind of penchant for the really old stuff....stuff before the 70's.

I've been offered a lot of old MAC's over the yrs and have absolutely no interest in those old boat anchors. But I DO appreciate those who collect and refurbish them......

Kevin
I hear you! My main focus is the 70's to 90's red stuff as well, especially the big cc stuff. Picked up a 288 the other day. That said I am intrigued by the old stuff. Lots of interesting things tried and experimented with in that era. This reciprocating saw is an example of that.
I've had to put myself in check with things and focus on what my main interest is and not end up with a boat load of just "old stuff" 
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

lxskllr

The really ancient stuff's cool looking. They had a lot of style, if not performance. I could see me buying an old piece of junk if my self control flagged, and just clean it up and admire it.

Chop Shop

That muffler has gotta be worth at least 3 extra youtube HP.

Runnin it probably makes yer beard grow longer to.

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Spike60

I could never get into the real antique class saws either. I'm like Don in not going much past 1970, but have a couple Homelites from the 60's. But they are all saws that you can actually use/play with now and then to cut up some firewood. Not really the case with the big antique saws which are heavy, loud and slow. And if I won't use the saw, even playing around, then I won't spend the time to get it running. It just remains a big hunk of metal taking up space. Cool history though, and it's good that some guys are into preserving them. 

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Thank You Sponsors!