iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 61

Started by keppoch, April 15, 2010, 12:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keppoch

my husky 61 does not run well when it gets hot ,it sputters and you have to keep it reved  high in order to keep it running,and when it shuts off its very hard to start. does anyone have an idea what the problem could be

joe_indi

Pull out the spark plug and check the color of the deposits.
If its too pale, whitish or a very light gray.The saw is running lean, too lean.
Simple cause could be a partially blocked pickup body or carb strainer,  wrongly adjusted fuel screws.
More serious would be worn oil seals or a blown gasket.

chainsawr

Sounds like the fuel and air systems need a good going through.  Clean filters, fuel and air.  Check fuel lines. Clean and adjust carburetor.  Check bolts all around the head and carb.
www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

jteneyck

I had this problem when trying to get an old saw to run that I had just put a new carb kit into because it wouldn't run at all.  After getting it all back together, it started right up and ran well cold but after it got warm it would stall unless I kept the revs high, just like you described.  Turns out the low speed screw was set too rich.  An eighth to quarter turn closed and it runs great now, cold and warm.  Maybe yours is something as simple as mine was, but I would follow the other guys advise as well.  Good luck.

Thank You Sponsors!