iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank you mesquite buckeye

Started by Yoopersaw, August 26, 2013, 03:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Eat too many of them peppers and you will get some urgent business. :-X :-\ :'(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

LeeB

Could well be peppers that had him off on urgent business to begin with.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

mesquite buckeye

Thereby planting more chiltepines in the woods. ;D

Them peppers is smart. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_devil :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

LeeB

Actually they are. Mammals can taste/are effected by the hotness and birds are not. Mammals digest the seeds while birds do not.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Yoopersaw

They are hot when eaten green even.  The burning is instant and burns all the way to the stomach where it burns some more.  Until last night, I'd only eaten them cooked with food.  The intense heat only lasted about 4 or 5 minutes and just seemed to disappear as fast as it came.  In food, they are great for flavoring.  Eating them fresh, I'll have to try some red ones next to really know.

mesquite buckeye

I crunch up a few dried ones every morning in an old pepper mill and put it on my morning fried eggs. Yeee Haaaa!

Better than grits. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil teeter_totter teeter_totter teeter_totter teeter_totter teeter_totter digin_2 digin_2 digin_2 smiley_devil_trident

mesquite buckeye

By the way, they vary in hotness from plant to plant. Also seems to depend on growing conditions on the same plant. They vary from really hot to smokin'. :o 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Yoopersaw

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on September 28, 2015, 06:35:55 PM
I crunch up a few dried ones every morning in an old pepper mill and put it on my morning fried eggs. Yeee Haaaa!

Better than grits. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil teeter_totter teeter_totter teeter_totter teeter_totter teeter_totter digin_2 digin_2 digin_2 smiley_devil_trident

Sounds like a winner.   teeter_totter smiley_devil_trident

Yoopersaw

Anyone wanting some seeds to grow your own, let me know by PM.

mesquite buckeye

Tried something new today. Threw in one dried chiltepon (a bigger hybrid version of the chiltepin) in with my tea bag.

My idea was HOT tea.  ;D

Not hot enough yet to suit me. Either I'll leave it in longer or crack it open first to make more power. smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil

Probably plenty hot for the uninitiated the way I just did it. Pulled the pepper same time as the tea bag.

:snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

I was a little nervous about trying this. One night when we were cleaning seeds for the breeding project I washed the cutting board that we were cracking the dry fruits open on. As soon as the hot water hit it the house was immediately filled with choking, blinding pepper gas. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Had to leave for an hour with the windows open before it was possible to go back in. Still pretty bad inside but just eye burning and irritating.

The leftover husks got dumped in the back yard. You couldn't stand within 10 feet of the area for over a week. ;D

Maybe I can spread some around to keep away bad people. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

LeeB

Try your tea with Habanero.  Gives it an interesting flavor and a good kick. I also like it in Vodka or Jack and water.

mesquite buckeye

Yoopersaw

Sounds like some more great idea.  smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident :christmas:

Thank You Sponsors!