iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What a week

Started by luvmexfood, February 09, 2014, 04:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Mud as usual. Tuesday went out to fall some timber. To truck down a little close to woods since  it didn't seem to muddy. Cut for a few hours and started out. Got stuck in a 4 wheel drive. Had to leave it and walk out. Walking out I found a 20 ft. chain in the road I had lost around 5 months ago. Ran over it at least 50 times going in and out and neve saw it.

Wednesday got the tenant to take there JD tractor, 4 wheel drive and about 70 hp to pull me out. Thursday moved my tractor back out to the area I was going to work in and skidded out a load of logs. Started out and got pickup and trailer over the hill and stuck. Tenant brought out the JD and liked to neve got me pulled out.

Friday went out to cut and skid some. Battery on tractor smelled bad of sulferic acid and was buldging. Skidded some and cut a big maple that hung up in a tree. Went to eat my lunch I had made. Two big ham and cheese sandwiches on hoagie buns. They were no where to be found. Figured I left them at home. Got home and searched everywhere thinking the cat had found them and took them under one of the beds. No luck.

Saturday went out to hook up some pulleys to get maple down which suceeded. Piddled around some, took the battery out of the tractor to get a new one. Decided to look at some timber in another area that would be a down hill skid. Still to muddy to haul out but at least I could get it in to an area to load and be ready when it dries or freezes real hard. Found a hammer that I must have lost over 6 years ago building tree stands. Started out and when I got next to yard found a carbon arrow that my daughter had lost last weekend.

Saturday night went to was some clothes. Washer is in my "mud room" where I go in and out. Found the sandwiches in the washer. Must have laid them on top with the lid open and knocked them in while putting boots on.

Maybe next week will be better.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Ken

On the bright side at least you won't have to make your lunch for Monday ;)  Hope next week is better for you.  Fighting the elements is a drag.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

Look on the bright side,you are finding things that you have lost.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

I'm over the mud, too. I hope it dries out by July. :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

redprospector

Quote from: luvmexfood on February 09, 2014, 04:10:24 AM
Mud as usual. Tuesday went out to fall some timber. To truck down a little close to woods since  it didn't seem to muddy. Cut for a few hours and started out. Got stuck in a 4 wheel drive. Had to leave it and walk out. Walking out I found a 20 ft. chain in the road I had lost around 5 months ago. Ran over it at least 50 times going in and out and neve saw it.

Wednesday got the tenant to take there JD tractor, 4 wheel drive and about 70 hp to pull me out. Thursday moved my tractor back out to the area I was going to work in and skidded out a load of logs. Started out and got pickup and trailer over the hill and stuck. Tenant brought out the JD and liked to neve got me pulled out.

Friday went out to cut and skid some. Battery on tractor smelled bad of sulferic acid and was buldging. Skidded some and cut a big maple that hung up in a tree. Went to eat my lunch I had made. Two big ham and cheese sandwiches on hoagie buns. They were no where to be found. Figured I left them at home. Got home and searched everywhere thinking the cat had found them and took them under one of the beds. No luck.

Saturday went out to hook up some pulleys to get maple down which suceeded. Piddled around some, took the battery out of the tractor to get a new one. Decided to look at some timber in another area that would be a down hill skid. Still to muddy to haul out but at least I could get it in to an area to load and be ready when it dries or freezes real hard. Found a hammer that I must have lost over 6 years ago building tree stands. Started out and when I got next to yard found a carbon arrow that my daughter had lost last weekend.

Saturday night went to was some clothes. Washer is in my "mud room" where I go in and out. Found the sandwiches in the washer. Must have laid them on top with the lid open and knocked them in while putting boots on.

Maybe next week will be better.
That's the worst you've got to complain about? Come on, you're still upright, I didn't read anything about a family member being diagnosed with a debilitating disease, or passing away. Sounds to me like life just happened last week. Keep your chin up, keep smiling, and keep wading through it.
On a side note. When your having a week like you did last week, don't stop to smell the roses....There may be a bumble bee waiting to hit you on the end of the nose.  :D Hope this week goes better for you.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

luvmexfood

redprospector
Guess your right. Sort of remends one of the old tale about the man complaining about having no shoes. He complained till he saw the man who had no feet. Then decided how lucky he was.

sprucebunny

At least your lunch hadn't been washed, yet....

Do not lose a roll of flagging tape in your washing machine  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

Yup, sometimes we are windshield and sometimes we are the bug.  We just hafta back up and laugh at ourselves and what life dished out to us.  You did good.    ;D    :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

luvmexfood

Yep. Funny now how I searched for that lunch. Thought the cat might have gotten it and drug it under a bed or something. Sort of got an obsession where it was. Emagine the chuckle I got when I found it in the washing machine.

Magicman

:D  I did imagine it and got quite a chuckle.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!