iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

woodroe, I know. I'm not use to this cold weather either!!!!  :wacky:
Had white caps on Norcross Pond. 
Just so others know, that is a small pond.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Wind is blowind and good for drying wood. ffcool
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Was a very nice Autumn day here.Temp maybe 10-18C over the day. And one of those clear sky Autumn days. No snow on the Mt currently.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Was 25°F on the porch early this morning. 60°F here now. Windy out of the SW.
Going to rain some Wednesday and turn to snow in the night. Going to be 44°F Wednesday for the high and down in the 20's by Thursday morning. Clearing Thursday by noon and about 40°.

Fields around here have dried out. Should be planting wheat and barley soon.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Whitecaps on the local 200 acre pond this afternoon.
Wind Opposite direction from yesterday. 
Could be some snow in the air tonight/tomorrow.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

woodroe, snow? You must be up North somewheres.
The 200 acre gave it away too.  :wacky:

thecfarm

34° this morning with a high of 50. 
Looks like another day of just about enough rain to keep it wet all day.

Peter Drouin

I got 3 days with no rain, ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I think I had 3 days too. Maybe 4.
 I bet it set a record since last year.  :wacky:

Stephen1

cold wet and a threatening snow. not a nice morning 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

Dry all day until now. The rain has just began. Might see snow overnight to. I don't think there will be much to it though. 34°F this morning, now 42°F on the porch. Was cool and no wind much. Actually had some sun all morning.

Looked into an old field this morning near work and 4 Tom's with their tail feathers up. Never seen any hens.

Been seeing a couple moose, sometimes just one of them.

***Snowed in Montreal all day. ***  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Not much "rain" at all today. maybe 2 hours, did not have to run the wipers much on the car. 
Wind is blowing, moon is bright and it's kinda cold out there.
Good thing it's not raining, or it would be snow.  :wacky:

SwampDonkey

Yeah, the rain here didn't amount to beans. Then windy and cleared out before midnight. Be another dry sunny day in the bushes.

Peter Drouin

Thecfarm   How far is Norridgewock from you?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Maybe a half hour.

I have 24° here.

Peter Drouin

Thanks. 24 here too and I think the sun will shine here today. ffcool
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Same here Peter and full sun again today!!!!

SwampDonkey

Had 50° F here and sunny all day.

I woke up the pheobes under the porch this morning with the outside light on. They were flitting around like bats at me, only with a chirp. It was high alert. Need a racket for badminton with a real birdie.   ffcheesy ffcheesy

thecfarm

I think they are trying to build a nest on top of the light for the OWB. Kinda hard, it's curved on top. I keep finding material on top of the door. There's more on the door then the light.  :wacky:

SwampDonkey

They're a busy bunch, that's for sure.  ffcheesy

WhitePineJunky

Getting dry here like last spring, burn bans  on, no rain in sight and sunny every day. Went trout fishing up the Clyde river today, was a nice day, we went to a few spots, one of which on our way out noticed a out of control fire that had been maliciously set within the past hour, and was growing out of control fast. 
Not too long ago the fire depart guys stopped in to notify it had been put out, had we not caught it that quick would have gotten out of hand quickly! 

Sorry not sorry to the arsonist that wanted to see "his work" in the news! 

SwampDonkey

Yeah, dries out fast on these farmed ridges up here. But it's not that dry in the woods, I see water pools still around for the froggies. The forest roads here are still on the wet side. Where I am working I'm on an old road that is wet and one could easily get stuck if you went too far to the side.  ffcheesy ffcheesy Not much for water forecast this week. Just a couple of days ago the forecast was rain and showers for Tuesday to Saturday. Now just partial sunshine. That's fine, I'm going to be putting plywood on the shop ceiling this week. I cut those 8 footers in two to get them up there. One could do it easier with todays gadgetry, but by the time you hunt one down for a small job like this 20x24 ceiling, the job would be done and no extra money spent on convenience. Going to use a T shaped helping hands out of 2x4". Tough and stubbornness.  smiley_smug01 

SwampDonkey

28°F this morning and sunny.

Thank You Sponsors!