iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Silva Saw 30 Ht \\\ Enercraft

Started by Furrfactor, February 21, 2017, 07:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furrfactor

I recently bought my first mill. It set for a while and I expected trouble with bearings. However after several of sawing my Hydraulics slowed down and the saw head wanted to creep forward and would not back up. I have traced the problem to the valve. Do any of you know where I can buy those old school spool valves.  hey were made by Bosh mill was built between 1988 and 1990

paul case

I cant help with your question but I can say welcome to the FF.
Where do you call home?
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

ozarkgem

You may just need new O rings in the one you have. Other than that Surplus Center in  Nebraska  is you best bet. Sounds like the oil is flowing around the spools and bleeding off pressure if it is in fact the valve. How did you test it?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Furrfactor

I have unhooked all other valves. I have reversed lines to be sure it was not a motor issue. I took the valves apart today cleaned them and honed the valves bodies. the only O-rings is 1 located between the valves. whats crazy is when I hit the reverse button it stops moving forward but my pressure switch jumps to zero. When I release the button it begins to creep again and pressure go back to 1600lbs

bandmiller2

Furry, is that valve a solenoid or manual valve. I have a hunch its a solenoid valve and theirs a problem with the wiring, switch or relay. Do you have the remote controls with the wire running to the saw head.?? Its common for that cord to get damaged, run over by the carriage. I believe your problems are electrical not hydraulic. Frank C. ( Baker bought out Enercraft they may be able to help)
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Furrfactor,no help at all. But I want to welcome you to the forum.
How did you get the sawing bug?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Furrfactor

yes the valves are electric over hydraulic. I have tested wires and unhooked everything buy that forward reverse valve. Its something simple I'm sure. hank you all for the input. his old saw is in amazing shape and appears to be all orginal equipment. he old plywood blade covers sill have Silva Saw printed on them.

Kbeitz

Non-Contact Solenoid Valve and Relay Tester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhKP1AmRFs

E-bay...

EXTECH MD10 Non-Contact Magnetic Field Detector
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!