iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade Drive Link

Started by Rhodemont, October 21, 2019, 12:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodemont

Was running my LT35 pretty hard this weekend.  Every once in a while I would have a hard time engaging or disengaging the blade drive lever.  Went to engage it and nothing, no blade drive.  The link between the adjusting bolt and the  shaft came off the pin.  Tapped it back on and later it happen again.  Had some wire so as seen in the photo twisted it around the links so would not come off.  Ran fine after that.  Link seems a bit sloppy on the pin but I do not see what caused the issue.  Thinking maybe letting the lever bang down rather than holding it all the way down has caused the link to wear.  Anyone have this issue?  
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Woodpecker52

Mine flared  out before took it off and beat it back straight, so it would line up on pin.  Pins could have been a little longer that would help.  This part takes a lot of use and needs to be watched for wear and adjustment.  You might widen out the holes where you have the wire  and run a bolt and nut in to keep it tight and not spreading apart if it does not interfere.
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Chuck White

I think it would work quite well if you were to drill a hole through, right where you have the twisted wire holding it together, then install a bolt with a self-locking nut to hold it together!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Rhodemont

Was thinking that or maybe drill and tapping a bolt into the end of the pin and putting a large diameter washer on it.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Thank You Sponsors!