iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyrocasto

Home made bandmill Mostly electric. Temporarily manual dogs, stops, and guide arm. 40" cut, 48" log max. Havent got the chance to try anything larger than 16" so far.  :'(

junkorgem

Yes pyro, nice work. I've been following your build from the diy site. Very impressive. I've been meaning to ask you, what size blades are you running? And where do you buy them? Gotta be close to 20'. Very nice work. Update?

lumberjake

we run an old as dirt 5 headblock 00 frick hand mill, with a frick 2 saw edger and a home made swing saw and a montgomery hog
It's run off a detroit diesel and we run berry feed. Four strand log deck with mellot 5 log turner. I need to get some pics on here we still run equipment we bought new in the 70's.

357blacksmith

Log Master LM1, Farmtrac 665 fel
Log Master 1, Farmtrac 665, Champion forge, Peter Wright anvil, and 5 Bassett attack-and slobber dogs.

haywire woodlot

1983 mobile dimension model 128, I bought it in pieces back in february, with the engine full of water and fir needles. Got the engine running and throughly flushed out in the beginning of March, ordered a grand worth of parts and assembled in in early april, got it cutting last week and finally cut 2000+ BFT in the last 2 days. I love my mobile dimension saw!
Dave

downunder Trav

2011 model ms660 magnum 36inch and 42 inch bars, Gb lumber mill, rail mill similar to the wombat mill (home made), home made alaskan style mill, 1991 034 stihl with 18 to 25 inch bars, currently rebuilding this saw as it poohed a crankshaft bearing and spun the bearing in the crankcase requiring some fancy building and machining. Last but by no means the least I am designing a dedicated slabber running a vertical shaft four stroke, plans at this stage are for around 50 inch bar but in time will get a bigger motor and bar.

want list consists of a lucas and maybe a woodmizer lt40, but this will probably remain the want list for a long time.

any one with a basket case 034 let me know please.
I am a weekend warrior with a chainsaw, But the collection is starting to grow, Dedicated slabber here I come!!!!!

GAmillworker

Baker bbx resaw and a lot more
Thank the Lord for second chances

lunkan

2010 Norwood MX34 bandmill sold by Logosol in Sweden
With 3-phase twin electric motors

acco1840

Hand circular Breast Bench mill. 42 inch  chrome saw, 120HP BMC Diesel, 80ft flat belt, Dawn sawdust blower.

davey duck

Turner bandsaw 24 hp Honda,now building hydo-electric bandsaw,John Deere 260 skid-steer loader,PJ24' trailer and 3500HD chevy truck.
David G.Fleming

Chuck White

Quote from: Chuck White on October 30, 2008, 09:38:34 AM
I got my Wood-Mizer LT40HDG24 on May 3rd, 08 from "petefrombearswamp", and since then, I've sawed just shy of 70,000  bf, operating mobile.

Almost ready to pull the plug on it for the season and do any required preventive maintenance through the winter.
I'll have it parked in the back bay of my garage, as soon as it gets home.

June '09, I got a Cooks Cat Claw band sharpener and single-tooth setter.  Have it all set up in a corner of the garage!

edit 10/10: Forgot about my trusty STIHL 021 for removing the troublesome knots.

-----------

EDIT:  May 8th 2011, I bought the matching Shingle & Lap Sider (SLR) for my LT40.

Now I just have to learn how to use it!   
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mometal77

Do you happen to have pictures?
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

oklalogdog

Foley Belsaw M-14.  36" fixed tooth blade.  30' frame - PTO drive -everything works great.
Amateurs built the Ark - Professionals built the Titanic

TK 2000, TK 1220, Belsaw M14, John Deere 7610 with loader, Ford 9N.

shelbycharger400

1978 belsaw 40 in insert tooth belt drive with full feed.  , just got it home in pieces.  previous owner used it once for one log :)
Home made dedicated wide chain bar slabber . 29 in wide capacity (soon to be done)  for stumps, shorts , ect

stumps seem to be the hardest to saw and sand, but have the best character.

Log-ic

I am running an Italian build Pezzolato HD8, it has a 28kW lombardini turbo diesel engine, forged steel bandwheels of 800mm diameter and uses 54mm (2") wide bands of 5740mm length.  It can handle logs of 90cm (35") of diametre and 6,10 metres long (20ft).  All functions are hydraulic and computerized.
Pezzolato HD8 40HP diesel (2" bands) and Pezzolato MP-800 40HP Deutz diesel (4" bands)
Avant 635TDL articulated loader with various attachments
Loroch JLM-V sharpener, manual saw setting pliers
Vollmer VWM planing bench and rolling machine
Husqvarna chainsaws...

Tom

Welcome to The Forestry Forum, Log-ic.  I also appreciate your efforts to convert the metric measurements to inches and feet.  It doesn't seem to matter how old I get, I just can't get the hang of metrics.  :D

dukndog

Welcome Log-ic!!
I worked for a company in Belgium a few years back, located in Lier. As Tom said, thanks for the conversion!!! We still use metric parts for our equipment, but as Americans, we tend to always convert it back to standard.
DnD
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

wmcbrian

I'm using a Timberking 200 with a woodmaster 718 planner / molder

bigen

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM
Looking to see what folks are running.   Feel free to add your mill to the inventory list.  More than one mill?  No problem.  You have multiple votes.
Im going to get my first real sawmill saturday at the farm show in pittsburg, ks.   its a e z boardwalk 40 im really looking forward to it

paul case

welcome bigen. glad to hear from you on here. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum wmcbrian & bigen  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Paul There is afew of You EZ Boys Now Carpenters got one too  ;) I might have to start calling you the EZ mafia ;) :D :D  They look a good little mill I reckon Ill have to swing by and have a catch up with you and have a play on your mill while im there Paul  ;) ;D

Quote from: bigen on July 13, 2011, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: Ron Wenrich on January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM
Looking to see what folks are running.   Feel free to add your mill to the inventory list.  More than one mill?  No problem.  You have multiple votes.

Ill have to put 3 more votes in for Hand Circ then  ;)  :) :D  The old 8-20s getting picked up by My Mate tomorrow though  but its good to see him getting it no sawyer should be without a mill  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

jdsawmill

Duane

paul case

you are welcome to come by an we will saw some. too hot now to saw too much so i bet you can get your fill!  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

CalebL

2005 Woodmizer LT40HDD34 with a debarker and simple set works. 
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

downeastmark

2010 Timberking B2000, all hydraulic 34 hp kohler engine and TK's computer set works.   

Thank You Sponsors!