iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw Edger info.

Started by mayor, July 17, 2009, 01:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayor

Howdy Men!
  I'm into rust and dust on an old piece of arn on the driveway right now and I'm needing some pics. if anybody out there has any or any kind of literature or manuals on this thing.

I'm restoring an old Belsaw edger....it has two 12" cabide blades...one fixed...one sliding.
This one has a serated roller on the outfeed side with a weighted smooth roller on top.
It has one smooth feed roller on the bottom of the infeed!.  There are two flat belt pulleys on the back with about a 2" belt too run both feed roller via the pulleys and powered from the main saw arbor!.
It came with a sawtooth guide that reads from 0-12 in 1" increments that is cast iron.

I have a couple of questions......1. Should the serated roller be on the back of the blades too pull the board thru the saw and spit it out the back?  2.  Shouldnt the front feed roll have a top roller on it too push the lumber thru the blade???.
This was a rusty , dirty , rotted mess when I got it and I've got everything working correctly and remachined a couple of the shafts that were ruined.....I'm trying too finish it out so we can use it with my M in a tractor show coming up in August.
Would Belsaw have made this too manually feed it thru the blades until it is grabbed by the serated outfeed rolls????

I cant find anything on the net on this.   Thanks for any help you may have.

zopi

http://www.owwm.com/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=86&tab=3

one of the publications on this page has info on the edger, but you'll have to dig through them, there isn't a manual per se..but there is some info..I think it's in the parts guide.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

mayor

Thanks for the link.....I spent about 20 minutes looking around and found the exact edger I have.......the picture they had was great and this edger was all put together wrong right down too the blades were on it backwards.......so I took it all apart and cleaned up all the parts, remachined one or two of them, and reassembled it the right way.......I still have too make all new wood for it but we added a couple 4X4 skids under it and belted it up too the M farmall.....WOW....it ate thru a couple of 5/4 sassafrass boards like nothing and the M didnt even come tight!.
Again....thanks!  Another old arn project saved from the scrapyard!!!.

Thank You Sponsors!